New Mexico DTRS

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
:unsure: OK, now are you talking meaning that this is possibly Multi-Simulcast usage & Communications being used with the NMSP & possibly others switching & communicating on both P25 FDMA & P25 TDMA? If so, than it sounds like more & more NM Residents like me may need one of the new Uniden SDS Series Digital Scanners to help out with this.
When a system is setup that way if it detects a phase 1 radio it will kick everyone to phase 1 for a talk group etc for interoperability. Eventually going back to phase 2. Common on some systems when upgrading is occurring to latest.

It is a given as technology progresses in these systems it isn't a matter of if but when a switch has occurred to higher level of latest system technology which has been said what is going to happen down the road.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
They could be using Dynamic Dual Mode.

"Dynamic Dual Mode, an optional feature, allows users to interoperate between P25 FDMA and P25 TDMA services. It is part of the call processing application and uses an advanced control channel that dynamically switches call assignments between FDMA and TDMA. Dynamic Dual Mode is seamless to users and requires no intervention from users or network operators. For example, if a user in an active P25 TDMA talkgroup call roams onto a P25 FDMA-only site, the system automatically initiates P25 FDMA mode at the next push-to-talk (PTT). Or if an active P25 TDMA talkgroup call is underway at a site and a P25 FDMA-only member of the talkgroup joins (or “affiliates”) with the call, the system automatically switches the call to P25 FDMA mode at the next PTT. The FDMA-only user is now included in the call, and the call switched without any user intervention or awareness."

Thanks for the very well-written, concise description, RIVER_5.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

RIVER_5

ÆS LØVER
Thanks for the very well-written, concise description, RIVER_5.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)
Wish I could take credit for that however, I found it on my Motorola drive folder. Figured it might help out some people here on the forums monitoring the system.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
:unsure: OK, now are you talking meaning that this is possibly Multi-Simulcast usage & Communications being used with the NMSP & possibly others switching & communicating on both P25 FDMA & P25 TDMA? If so, than it sounds like more & more NM Residents like me may need one of the new Uniden SDS Series Digital Scanners to help out with this.

I believe some of the sites in Albuquerque may already be using Linear Simulcast Modulation, while others are not. If that's so, you'll certainly want to consider the Uniden SDS-series scanners or Unication G-series pagers for simulcast transmissions.

On the other hand, older scanners, such as Uniden's BCD436HP and BCD325P2 and the Whistler TRX-1, are available that can already handle both Phase 1 (FDMA) and Phase 2 (TDMA).

Happy monitoring!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Wish I could take credit for that however, I found it on my Motorola drive folder. Figured it might help out some people here on the forums monitoring the system.

No problem, RIVER-5! As a former writer/editor, I sometimes worked with information that was so well-written it simply couldn't be improved.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

GhostStater

Monitoring the Caballo Peak Site for NM DTRS and not hearing much activity on it yet. Have heard NMSU 30011 some. Recently hearing "Spaceport Intercom" Talk Group ID 223 discussing air space use with small aircraft in the spaceport area.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I did some extrapolation of the NM State Police district talkgroups and this is what it should be for the 12 districts:

DECAlpha Tag
101NMSP1 SantFe Dsp
102NMSP1 SantFe C2C
103NMSP2 LasVeg Dsp
104NMSP2 LasVeg C2C
105NMSP3 Roswll Dsp
106NMSP3 Roswll C2C
107NMSP4 LasCru Dsp
108NMSP4 LasCru C2C
109NMSP5 Albuq Dsp
110NMSP5 Albuq C2C
111NMSP6 Gallup Dsp
112NMSP6 Gallup C2C
113NMSP7 Espan Dsp
114NMSP7 Espan C2C
115NMSP8 Alamo Dsp
116NMSP8 Alamo C2C
117NMSP9 Clovis Dsp
118NMSP9 Clovis C2C
119NMSP10 Farm Dsp
120NMSP10 Farm C2C
121NMSP11 Socor Dsp
122NMSP11 Socor C2C
123NMSP12 Demng Dsp
124NMSP12 Demng C2C
131NMSP SpecEvent 1
132NMSP SpecEvent 2
133NMSP SpecEvent 3
134NMSP SpecEvent 4
135NMSP SpecEvent 5
136NMSP SpecEvent 6
137NMSP SpecEvent 7
138NMSP SpecEvent 8
139NMSP SpecEvent 9
140NMSP SpecEvent10
150NMSP Supervisor

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I did some extrapolation of the NM State Police district talkgroups and this is what it should be for the 12 districts:

DECAlpha Tag
101NMSP1 SantFe Dsp
102NMSP1 SantFe C2C
103NMSP2 LasVeg Dsp
104NMSP2 LasVeg C2C
105NMSP3 Roswll Dsp
106NMSP3 Roswll C2C
107NMSP4 LasCru Dsp
108NMSP4 LasCru C2C
109NMSP5 Albuq Dsp
110NMSP5 Albuq C2C
111NMSP6 Gallup Dsp
112NMSP6 Gallup C2C
113NMSP7 Espan Dsp
114NMSP7 Espan C2C
115NMSP8 Alamo Dsp
116NMSP8 Alamo C2C
117NMSP9 Clovis Dsp
118NMSP9 Clovis C2C
119NMSP10 Farm Dsp
120NMSP10 Farm C2C
121NMSP11 Socor Dsp
122NMSP11 Socor C2C
123NMSP12 Demng Dsp
124NMSP12 Demng C2C
131NMSP SpecEvent 1
132NMSP SpecEvent 2
133NMSP SpecEvent 3
134NMSP SpecEvent 4
135NMSP SpecEvent 5
136NMSP SpecEvent 6
137NMSP SpecEvent 7
138NMSP SpecEvent 8
139NMSP SpecEvent 9
140NMSP SpecEvent10
150NMSP Supervisor

That's interesting! What do you mean by "extrapolation?"

Many of those talkgroup ID's have already been identified and monitored, but I'm wondering what you did to identify the TG's that haven't.

Thanks!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm wondering what you did to identify the TG's that haven't.
Looking at the order of the existing talkgroups and the number of holes, I feel that it is a safe bet that the remaining districts are in order and the missing talkgroups fit perfectly into the holes between the existing talkgroups.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the order of the existing talkgroups and the number of holes, I feel that it is a safe bet that the remaining districts are in order and the missing talkgroups fit perfectly into the holes between the existing talkgroups.

Thanks! I guess time will tell if that's what they've got planned for those talkgroups.

I'm really curious to see where they go next with the State Police radio traffic on the digital system.

CorwinScansNM

Just a quick heads up. I have been noticing more & more total silencing lately due to the big (E) in use & I am sure others here on this Forum have as well. I've noticed it quite much, more & more lately. :( Primarily with the Bernalillo County Talkgroups on the NM DTRS such as the BCSO East as well as the BCFD Fire Tac Channels. My Scanner, being the BCD536HP will land on those BC Talkgroups & just sit on them with the Signal strength Meter steady & flashing at the top of my Scanner while there is absolutely no Audio Transmissions coming through on the BC Talkgroups & just total silence & for Hours at a time not hearing anything. The big (E) is here unfortunately & is working very well for the Police & Fire Departments like they have wanted for Years & Years up to this Date at a whopping $43.5 Million Dollars...

CorwinScansNM

Using SDRTrunk here and receive all transmissions. All BCSO, BCFD, AFR and APD. You might be experiencing the dreaded simulcast issue.

That would be good news for me on my end in that case rather than the other dreaded full (E) which is what I was guessing was the real receiving problem on my BCD536HP. I would have to consider upgrading to a SDS200 if this is true & the reason for my Scanner picking up nothing except for total silencing on the BC Talkgroups that are not all yet shown or posted as fully Encrypted.

Thanks ChrisABQ for your valuable post & Feedback here.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
That would be good news for me on my end in that case rather than the other dreaded full (E) which is what I was guessing was the real receiving problem on my BCD536HP. I would have to consider upgrading to a SDS200 if this is true & the reason for my Scanner picking up nothing except for total silencing on the BC Talkgroups that are not all yet shown or posted as fully Encrypted.

Thanks ChrisABQ for your valuable post & Feedback here.
Get yourself an RTL SDR dongle with Unitrunker, this will allow to monitor/log a site (or multiple sites) 24/7, it also tells you which Radios/TG's are using ENC and many other things.

ChrisABQ

I agree with natedawg on the RTL dongle's. I use a different program, but all transmissions are recorded and available using Trunking Recorder's web server which allows me to listen using my laptop or phone (on the go). Listen to any or all TG's and never have to deal with simulcast distortion. I could listen in Australia if I wanted. Being able to log new talkgroups, sites and listening to ALL transmissions as they come in is FAR better than any scanner is capable of. Much less $$$ as well.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
You're having the simulcast issue with the x36. Either sds or the sdr deal mentioned. Regardless the dreaded thing is a inevitable path a ways down road for a lot of traffic but till then Carne is Carne

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
I may have heard that the AG Law Enforcement folks are coming onto DTRS. I'm guessing they will be all E though.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
AG and DA will always be secure. Most used DES back in analog days or AES on analog setups. Some would turn it off but those loop holes have been resolved from user error.

As for the 436 the last update of firmware I noticed no simulcast issues on it. Not sure what changed if any but I have yet to have this issue on the el pasp system or Albuquerque.