New Mexico Federal Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paysonscanner

Top of the morning ladies (just a few) and gentleman (most of you)! I've been submitting some changes to the DB in the past several days. For some reason the DB highlights changes that have nothing to do with freq changes, but to channel descriptions too. Changes highlighted today in green fit this, but most are in the license column, because I submitted the ones I found in a book in late hubby's stack of books. Yea, I know that these can't be looked up on the FCC website, but can be used when you don't hear other content that ID's the origins of the traffic. Example, sometimes I'm in another room and I hear traffic between an engine and dispatch. We can hear the Coconino, Tonto and Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests from Payson so which one was it? When I hear KOC437 I know it is the Coconino - they've been using that call sign since I was a little girl living in Flagstaff and much before. I'm going to submit those in other states according to the listings in this book, if that is not what you are hearing on frequencies close to you, then you can comment here. The book may have several comm sites and repeaters with a call sign. I pick the one that goes to the city or town the dispatch center is in. I hope listing these helps scanner buffs.

I'm going to make a submission for my dad, he is getting into the swing of finding stuff to submit. He likes looking through the DB & reading comments and he likes Goggle. He is 92, still sharp as a tack, but is a bit curmudgeonly. I've written down some of his words and ignored some of what he said though.

For some *&%# reason, the database is not showing the organization of the BLM right. BLM is organized into 12 state offices, then into districts, then into field offices. Each level has line officers, state director, district manager and field office manager. The RR DB leaves out the districts, except in Calif., and in a lot of states the district is the basis for drawing up the boundaries of a dispatch zone. So here is it for New Mexico,

The Albuquerque District has two field offices, Rio Puerco (located with the district office in Albuquerque) and Socorro. Rio Puerco is dispatched by the Albuquerque Zone located in Albuquerque in the Cibola NF Forest Supervisor's Office. The eastern 2/3 of the Socorro FO is dispatched by Albuquerque and the western portion, west of Pie Town is dispatched by Silver City. This is so the zones line up with the adjacent national forests, the Cibola and the Gila in this case. The other districts/field offices are the Farmington District Office with field offices in Farmington (located with the district office) and Taos. Then the Pecos District in Roswell with the Roswell Field Office (located with the Pecos District Office) and the Carlsbad Field Office. Note the name of the BLM district and the dispatch zone are the same. Finally, there is the Las Cruces District Office and it has no field offices (rare for a district).

So here is how the Albuquerque District should show,

Albuquerque District

Rio Puerco Field Office (Albuquerque Dispatch)
172.1125 169.0750 Sandia Mountain
170.0250 163.0250 La Mosca Lookout (near Mt. Taylor)

Socorro Field Office - East (Albuquerque Dispatch)
169.6500 169.6500 192.8 PL Administration
172.4000 164.7500 Davenport Lookout (near Datil)
172.4000 164.7500 Gallinas Peak Lookout (near Corona)
172.4000 164.7500 Socorro Mt. (near Socorro)

Socorro Field Office - West (Silver City Dispatch)

169.7250 164.4750 Luera Peak (near NM Highway 52/163 Junction)
169.7250 164.4750 Fox Mountain (SE of Red Hill)

Dad's note: I didn't list the repeater input tone per RR DB policy.

The Farmington District, with the office in Farmington, is dispatched by the Taos Interagency Dispatch Center, along with the Carson NF, BIA Northern Pueblos Agency and the New Mexico State Forestry Division, Cimarron and Chama Districts. The Las Cruces District (west of White Sands DOD) is dispatched by Silver City, along with the Gila NF, BLM Socorro District (west) and NM State Forestry, Socorro District. I'm not sure if State Forestry splits up dispatching in this district like the BLM. Dad said there weren't interagency dispatch centers when he would go there on fires way back when, all of State Forestry was dispatched by Santa Fe (state dispatch).

Now I've given more little details about the feds in NM. Hope this helps someone.

P.S. Edit, wherever a blank in the license column appears, when other listings nearby have a license shown, that means the book does not have that information. If you hear dispatch using one, submit it to the database so we have all of them someday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.