New Mexico NPS P-25 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
I am planning a road trip to visit Carsbad Caverns National Park and probably Bandelier Nat'l Monument. Can anyone confirm current frequencies in use? Are they digital and if so have you captured the NAC?

The RR database shows a mixture of analog/digital for the Parks in New Mexico but no NAC codes...

Wayne

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Hey,

I do not have "NAC"....I do not even know what that stands for.

BUT....you will hear Bandelier on 170.05 and 164.425. I do not have a digital scanner, but I hear the buzz on the freqs.

Also, here is their fire plan from 2007.

http://beerzkool.home.att.net/pdf/bandelier.pdf

Have fun, bring tons of water for back country hiking, and watch out for snakes.

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
Hey,

I do not have "NAC"....I do not even know what that stands for.

NAC stands for Network Access Code and is for digital what pl and dpl tones are for analog.

Thanks for the frequency information.

Wayne

SCPD

QRT
More information from me from my New Mexico "memory lane." Bandelier used to boom into my house on the Ranger Station compound outside of Magdalena. They just used 164.425 at the time. The Magdalena mountain range blocked our reception of anything to the southwest, but our reception from the north was outstanding. During the fall, with a little help from tropospheric ducting, I would pick up the Carson Natiuonal Forest full quieting.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
While in Colorado I discovered that the Curecanti National Recreaction Area was using digital with a NAC tone of 810. I suspect that eventually all the national parks and monuments will all be going digital as funds permit.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.