• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Midland "MicroMobile" Series Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans13

The MXT-400 is 40 watts with all GMRS channels and repeaters; $249.

Thanks for the heads up, TennFordTN.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Still redirecting to avantlink something or other, with an error message indicating they no longer advertise Midland products.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
This site is filtering the posted link through a redirect for tracking purposes, and that redirector is blocking access to midlandusa.com. It appears Midland hasn't paid someone the appropriate advertising bribes, and so all links to them are being blocked. If you manually type the URL, it works.

Hans13

This site is filtering the posted link through a redirect for tracking purposes, and that redirector is blocking access to midlandusa.com. It appears Midland hasn't paid someone the appropriate advertising bribes, and so all links to them are being blocked. If you manually type the URL, it works.

Well deduced. Admittedly, I was too lazy to manually type in the URL on my phone. Good catch. Thanks.

TennFordTN

Odd. The link works on my phone, but not on my laptop, which is where I posted from. Oh well.

I will be very curious how many people will use this unlicensed, since Midland stuff is sold everywhere.

Delta33

The majority of customers won't know or care that they need a license to use GMRS.

There goes the neighborhood! :roll:
You called it Bill! If the masses don't bother to get licensed for Bubble pack radios, how the Hell can we expect them to license for those!? When most hear Midland, they think cb anyway. :(

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Pretty much everyone. That horse left the barn years ago.

tj20

Wow Midland cant win! When the mxt 100 came out there were threads with people pissing and moaning that it wasn't repeater capable. Now there is a version that is and people are.......pissing and moaning.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Wow Midland cant win! When the mxt 100 came out there were threads with people pissing and moaning that it wasn't repeater capable. Now there is a version that is and people are.......pissing and moaning.

If Midland (and others) would at least inform potential customers that a license is REQUIRED before using the radio(s) legally, I wouldn't complain a bit. Well, not as much at least... :lol:

Delta33

No, only when people don't bother to become Licensed to operate their products!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've purchased Midland products in the past (bubble pack FRS/GMRS walkie-talkies), and there was always a card or leaflet in the box with info about license requirements and how to get one. I don't see why they would change that.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I've purchased Midland products in the past (bubble pack FRS/GMRS walkie-talkies), and there was always a card or leaflet in the box with info about license requirements and how to get one. I don't see why they would change that.

It needs to be placed on the box in a prominent place so the customer will know about the license requirement before they buy the product.

I remember the days when AES and other such stores would not even sell a radio without asking to see one's amateur license. :lol:

Delta33

What, you expect the consumer to READ what's in the box? Hell no, they just rip the package apart and in the garbage it goes! WHAT instructions lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.