New Milford Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS11581

Ive been trying to figure this out for some time now, but with no luck. Why does New Milford Hospital use both Med-4 & Med-7 for EMS to ER communications when Sharon and Danbury Hospital use only one frequency? Ive also noticed that when Im in New Milford, Med-4 has alot stronger signal than Med-7 does. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

KB1UAM

not sure about connecticut c-med systems but here in mass ch-4 is usually the calling/hailing channel and is repeaterized

cg

Premium Subscriber
CT has a different set up than MA
It is likely that there are two different locations for the two med channels. Instead of having duplicate repeaters at each site, they choose one based on the location of the ambulance requesting the patch. I believe MED4 repeater is in New Milford and 7 is south or east of there.
http://www.lcd911.com/minutes/misc/2008RadioPresentation.pdf
Page 13 has the LCD tower locations as of 2008

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Chris is right. More than likely the towers are in different locations and their coverage areas may overlap. Its kinda like New Haven C-MED, though MED 7 located on West Rock is utilized primarily for Yale, we can patch Yale to any other of the MED channels depending where the unit is coming from or if they need to patch from the scene. Each CT region is slightly different but essentially set up similarly.

MarkB513

Med-4 and Med-7

Med-4 is LCD (for Litchfield County ambulances)
Med-7 is Northwest C-MED (for Fairfield County ambulances going to NM hospital)

gallagher073

Med-4 is LCD (for Litchfield County ambulances)
Med-7 is Northwest C-MED (for Fairfield County ambulances going to NM hospital)

This is actually incorrect. I’ll give you an example.

Let’s say I’m in Roxbury and Med 7 is down. If I can reach Northwest C-Med on Med #1 (Or any med channel for that matter) then NW C-Med could patch me into ANY hospital they communicate with. (St Mary’s, Waterbury, Danbury, New Milford etc) Med 7 is not dedicated to New Milford.

On the other side – If I was in New Milford and could reach NW C-Med on 7 they could patch me into Danbury. (Patches to Danbury are mostly done on Med 8)

Med-4 is monitored and answered by LCD. So you are correct on that.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Each Med channel at any given location needs a separate repeater. CMEDS do not automatically put 8-10 repeaters at every site when they may only ever use 1 or 2 at the same time. If there is only one hospital in that area, it is pointless to have 8-10 repeaters on the tower, the hospital can only talk to one ambulance at a time.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.