New Milford police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmf262626

Premium Subscriber
I have a sds100 and I am trying to monitor New Milford Police. I believe there dispatch is simulcast but not totally sure. I programmed the freq from the data base but never get any hits.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

possibly programming settings

I get Danbury and Brookfield with no problems.

APX7500X2

I have a sds100 and I am trying to monitor New Milford Police. I believe there dispatch is simulcast but not totally sure. I programmed the freq from the data base but never get any hits.
They are P25 conventional simulcast, 154.860 NAC of 290, I listened to them 2 days ago loud and clear in Danbury, they can go encrypted on that channel but i never hear it enc

ems55

Premium Subscriber
They are P25 conventional simulcast, 154.860 NAC of 290, I listened to them 2 days ago loud and clear in Danbury, they can go encrypted on that channel but i never hear it enc
Funny, i live in northern New Milford and never hear the PD ! Using a 436HP.
Have to check that again.....

Cmf262626

Premium Subscriber
That’s the reason I bought the sds 100 because of the simulcast.
Hope it works.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
What frequency are you monitoring? I’m monitoring the Police 1 Dispatch channel from the database from Southbury and Roxbury and they’ve been almost fully ENC since early March from what I’ve seen. I grew up in New Mildew and would like to hear more than just their fire and ems calls if police are still clear

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
For the heck of it I drove to New Milford this morning to see if I could pick the PD up while in the town. On my SDS100 the main dispatch channel is coming up fully encrypted. Looks like they may have flipped the E switch. I have them programmed exactly as they are shown in the database

cg

Premium Subscriber
Gone are the days where the FCC will allow 250 watt VHF transmitter on every license. Systems are being designed to cover a specific area and that's it. So to not hear a new system 15 or so miles away is not a sure thing any longer.

chris

ems55

Premium Subscriber
For the heck of it I drove to New Milford this morning to see if I could pick the PD up while in the town. On my SDS100 the main dispatch channel is coming up fully encrypted. Looks like they may have flipped the E switch. I have them programmed exactly as they are shown in the database
GREAT !! Well I guess thats one less channel to scan !!
Thought that might be the case !!

WoodburyMan

This makes sense.

I work with a community organization that has a town of New Milford radio, that has all the channels programmed in including PD, and they had to reprogram the radio several months ago. I wasn't aware of any frequency changes, so it never crossed my mind they programmed in encryption keys and config most likely.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Did some more listening on their channel. Looks like the dispatch console is full time encrypted but at least some of the units are in the clear. Heard an officer helping someone who broke down in the graduation parade and a couple of “roger”s. I really only noticed the change around the time the whole COVID thing started. Maybe has something to do with them taking most routine reports by phone? Only time will tell I guess

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Did some more listening on their channel. Looks like the dispatch console is full time encrypted but at least some of the units are in the clear. Heard an officer helping someone who broke down in the graduation parade and a couple of “roger”s. I really only noticed the change around the time the whole COVID thing started. Maybe has something to do with them taking most routine reports by phone? Only time will tell I guess

Or the war against Police that's now happening.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Just curious (I know I know, old thread) I saw that the database was updated for New Milford police with the little “e” implying they’re not fully encrypted. Has anyone heard anything on their frequency recently? I know I haven’t but I’m also not actively trying to listen anymore since I noticed nothing was clear back in the summer

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
They are the big E actually. That was my error hitting the partial instead of full encryption. I caught it this morning and updated it.
The update also changes the NAC used by them from someone who was in town over the weekend.

MarkB513

They've been encrypted for a while. It started out just the dispatch, then the mobile units shortly after. I was also there over the weekend and noticed you still hear the occasional mobile, but just assumed they forgot to hit the switch. Then you have neighboring Brookfield still with an analog system...

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
They are the big E actually. That was my error hitting the partial instead of full encryption. I caught it this morning and updated it.
The update also changes the NAC used by them from someone who was in town over the weekend.
Not that it matters because of the ENC but the NAC is still 290-DEC...The 656 someone gave you is 290 in HEX

elwood_blues

These guys don't realize that they only hurt themselves when surrounding departments can't monitor them when they need them to. They won't learn.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
These guys don't realize that they only hurt themselves when surrounding departments can't monitor them when they need them to. They won't learn.
Most surrounding departments already have the newer equipment to handle monitoring their "mutual aid" departments. I'm sure there are already things in place that we all don;t know about yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.