New Models Leaving out Citizens Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
WS1010/1025 model will not tune CB.
WS1040/1065 and the WS1080/1095 will! < PSR500 and 600 clone >

This is from Whistler and the PSR 800 and its base friend will be out second half of this year.

Thanks for the info.

CVASSB

Since Whistler makes radar detectors,it would be sensible to leave the CB scan in their scanners. Travelers who have whistler radar detectors may want to scan CB from a Whistler scanner,and listen to road conditions. This makes sense to me.

I'm not asking them to put single side band receive in there scanners or anything like that. Just the 40 AM CB channels would be great.

SCPD

QRT
psr

Since Whistler makes radar detectors,it would be sensible to leave the CB scan in their scanners. Travelers who have whistler radar detectors may want to scan CB from a Whistler scanner,and listen to road conditions. This makes sense to me.

I'm not asking them to put single side band receive in there scanners or anything like that. Just the 40 AM CB channels would be great.

So ya get the PSR-600 clone,the PSR-800,PSR-500,and the new PSR-900 clones.

The two lower units wont..

CVASSB

Just a friendly opinion.

I did look up the GRE-200U,and saw that it was one of their former cheapest units. I have the PSR 500,and the PSR-800. I also have the Pro-96,and Pro-2096.

I'm just saying it should be an option. That's all.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I haven't ever `really used' a scanner to listen to CB since around the pre 2004 days. And even then I would rather use an actual CB radio instead of a scanner. Nowdays, if I succumb to the urge to listen, or something comes up where I might have some sort of a `need?' to listen, I will either use my RS TRC-232, Midland 75-822, or Browning Baron rather than a scanner. (Who knows if one might actually end up needing to talk?) The only `problem' I might run across is that only the Browning is capable of SSB. I still haven't been able to find a HH that does SSB and probably won't. Using a scanner to listen to CB kinda reminds me of doing a biological function into the wind.

CVASSB

OK gentlemen. We all have our own opinions,and experiences. That's good. I respect your opinions. I was a CB radio user in the 70's,and I had two licenses back,to back when we where required to have them.

As for scanning CB on the PSR-800,I don't do that very much. I might scan through there to see if we are having solar flare propagation. Then I can go to my Icom-R75,and search for utility frequencies. That's the only way that I'd use the PSR800 in the CB band. Thanks.

Rumpaltin

Grand Master
Cost savings by leaving a few components out for a feature that's in low demand?

Not true, if the radio can still monitor 10 meters then they are spending more to filter out 11 meter CB as the same crystal occilators are used for both bands.. That is why so many people buy Export 10 meter rigs to mod for 11 meter use in most cases by simply removing a couple jumpers inside the box..

Status
Not open for further replies.