New Monitoring Shack Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I got tired of resetting my old wall clock as it would gain about 3 minutes every month or two. So I finally bought an atomic clock! Whished I bought it sooner, it's great!

MARATHON CL030062BK Slim-Jumbo Atomic Digital Wall Clock with Temperature, Date and Humidity (Black)

14.5"X9"!
  • SLIM JUMBO DISPLAY - Only 1-inch thick, featuring 4.5-inch digits for easy viewing
  • SELF-SETTING/ADJUSTING - Using radio frequencies broadcast from NIST's Colorado Atomic Clock. Automatic Atomic Signal - It cannot be turned on/off manually. (Atomic feature only functions in North America)
  • MULTIPLE DISPLAY MODES - 12 or 24 Hour Display Formats With Temperature Display In Celsius or Fahrenheit.
  • EASY TO SET AND USE: Comes equipped with front set buttons for Alarm, Snooze and Mode Options
  • MULTIPLE TIME ZONES: You can easily switch between 4 time zones (Eastern, Pacific, Mountain & Central) with option to turn on or off Daylight Savings Time

1600917227994.png

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Wish I would have seen this before I got mine. I also have the MFJ atomic one but there is no light on it and my room is dimly lit so I cannot even read it. It sits on my other desk unused at the moment. I bought a red LED rectangle banner style clock and yeah I can sure see it now lol. eBay $25 if I remember right. I like yours better.

PACNWDude

Very nice. I may need to replace my ancient Geochron, one with an actual rolling paper map inside with one of these. Thank you for sharing.

DJ11DLN

How was the setup? I followed the Amazon link and found a mess of bad reviews, mainly pertaining to getting it set...though I got the impression that most of the unhappy people probably weren't following the instructions. Still thinking I might just go ahead and order one, an atomic clock has been on my wishlist for awhile.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
How was the setup? I followed the Amazon link and found a mess of bad reviews, mainly pertaining to getting it set...though I got the impression that most of the unhappy people probably weren't following the instructions. Still thinking I might just go ahead and order one, an atomic clock has been on my wishlist for awhile.

Setup was a little complicated as I tried to do it without reading the manual. If you read the manual and follow it step by step it's fine. Some buttons require that you hold them down for a few seconds, others about 5 seconds to enter the proper mode. That's where the confusion begins if you don't do it right. Other than that no problem. I'm totally satisfied!

DJ11DLN

Setup was a little complicated as I tried to do it without reading the manual. If you read the manual and follow it step by step it's fine. Some buttons require that you hold them down for a few seconds, others about 5 seconds to enter the proper mode. That's where the confusion begins if you don't do it right. Other than that no problem. I'm totally satisfied!
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm pulling the trigger on it now. Reading reviews on Amazon is such a mixed bag, sometimes you learn something, sometimes you just find a bunch of idiots who couldn't follow the instructions for using a light switch or flushing a toilet.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm pulling the trigger on it now. Reading reviews on Amazon is such a mixed bag, sometimes you learn something, sometimes you just find a bunch of idiots who couldn't follow the instructions for using a light switch or flushing a toilet.

You're going to love it! But prepared to be shocked at how big it is! My wife laughed when she saw it, asked me if I bought the senior citizens model. I replied yes how did you know? ;)

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The only place I don't have "atomic" clocks is the microwave, the range and my Keurig. Even my Citizen watch is atomic.

DJ11DLN

You're going to love it! But prepared to be shocked at how big it is! My wife laughed when she saw it, asked me if I bought the senior citizens model. I replied yes how did you know? ;)
It arrived today and big is good! I hate having to squint at things. No problem admitting my senior status here, I like things that are easy to read through my bifocals. :cool:

DJ11DLN

Unpacked and set up the clock today. It wouldn't catch a signal in the house so I took it out on the front porch and it popped within a minute. Very pleased so far.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Mine rarely set themselves during the day. That's just the nature of the radio signals.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Rethinking my options here, I like this clock. The one I have is bright red and it's very large and readable, but the red glow affects my vision somehow and it's too bright for my small radio nook. Is this clock backlit? Gonna go look it up and check it out. Thanks for the merch tip!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Unpacked and set up the clock today. It wouldn't catch a signal in the house so I took it out on the front porch and it popped within a minute. Very pleased so far.

The manual says it attempts to connect with the radio at 2AM to maintain accuracy, and if it doesn't it keeps trying at intervals of 3, 4, and 5AM. So give it time (no pun intended) and it might surprise you!

DJ11DLN

The manual says it attempts to connect with the radio at 2AM to maintain accuracy, and if it doesn't it keeps trying at intervals of 3, 4, and 5AM. So give it time (no pun intended) and it might surprise you!
I saw that but I figured that it would try to set right away once the batteries were in, and it did, but I suspect it was probably getting interference from some of my electronics, wall warts, LED bulbs etc. I'm as guilty as anybody about that, if I want to listen to anything under about 50 mHz I have to go outside and hang a wire. But once I was outdoors and more or less had a clear shot towards WWV-land, it popped pretty quickly. It's showing the M symbol hanging on the wall right now, according to the manual that means it's got a good copy on a WWV signal. I had let it sit on the table by the south window for 30 minutes first and it didn't set and the M disappeared, which indicates no signal. Guess it was just a bad spot.

It's working fine now and that's all that matters!;)

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I got tired of resetting my old wall clock as it would gain about 3 minutes every month or two. So I finally bought an atomic clock! Whished I bought it sooner, it's great!

MARATHON CL030062BK Slim-Jumbo Atomic Digital Wall Clock with Temperature, Date and Humidity (Black)

14.5"X9"!
  • SLIM JUMBO DISPLAY - Only 1-inch thick, featuring 4.5-inch digits for easy viewing
  • SELF-SETTING/ADJUSTING - Using radio frequencies broadcast from NIST's Colorado Atomic Clock. Automatic Atomic Signal - It cannot be turned on/off manually. (Atomic feature only functions in North America)
  • MULTIPLE DISPLAY MODES - 12 or 24 Hour Display Formats With Temperature Display In Celsius or Fahrenheit.
  • EASY TO SET AND USE: Comes equipped with front set buttons for Alarm, Snooze and Mode Options
  • MULTIPLE TIME ZONES: You can easily switch between 4 time zones (Eastern, Pacific, Mountain & Central) with option to turn on or off Daylight Savings Time

View attachment 91880

14.5"X9"!

View attachment 91880

Interesting timing-I just put one of these on my living room wall two days ago. Large and nice. I mounted it to the wall using 3M velcro picture hangers (from Lowes) but I had to add an extra layer of two sided tape between the velcro and clock to give a little extra room due to the two buttons on the back.

majoco

Stirrer
oldradioguy said:
Sorry. I am old school. My 24hour clock is the radio room ship clock.
With the silent time zone in red and green. Thanks to my XYL.

Me too, although I cheated. A cheap quartz clock got a new dial. The hands need a repaint.

Attachments

• RR clock crop sml.jpg
    RR clock crop sml.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.