New Moore/DPS site info

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

This afternoon I travelled by the Moore water tower on NE 12th which is the new DPS site.
They have installed a large climate controlled equipment building at the base of the water tower and have 4 new 800 Mhz antennas and 2 microwave disheson top. One dish points north towards the OKC DPS area and dish two is pointed east perhaps to the Pink site. Looks like we may have signals soon from that simulcast site.
Ken

n5bew1

Gilligan said:
Any idea what the new freqs will be?
Well I read a post here some time ago that listed the Moore freqs. I think they were the same as the OKC site plus some extras. The Moore site and OKC up on Eastern were going to be a 2 site simulcast . The Moore freqs I noticed are not listed under proposed enhancements of the system.

Last edited:

woodyrr

n5bew1 said:
Well I read a post here some time ago that listed the Moore freqs. I think they were the same as the OKC site plus some extras. The Moore site and OKC up on Eastern were going to be a 2 site simalcast (sp). The Moore freqs I noticed are not listed under proposed enhancements of the system.
I'm so computer illiterate that I can't figure out how to post a link but the thread was started by fast2okc on April 5, 2006 and the title was: "State DPS System site in Moore?"

According to the thread and the accompanying links, the Moore site was licensed for the same eight frequencies as the OKC site and both sites were licensed for two additional frequencies.

Hopefully, the new site and frequencies will come online soon so that the simulcast Moore traffic will be readable all over the metro.

n5bew1

Here are the Moore freqs all by themselves.

highrider8433

I have been told that there will be "9" nine more on the Moore site but I don't know what they will be.

woodyrr

I drove by the Moore water tower and saw the antennas and microwave dishes. Pardon my ignorance, but, assuming either ten or nineteen frequencies at the site, how do they manage to squeeze all that radio traffic through four antennas? Is it multiplexed or magic or what?

n5bew1

woodyrr said:
I drove by the Moore water tower and saw the antennas and microwave dishes. Pardon my ignorance, but, assuming either ten or nineteen frequencies at the site, how do they manage to squeeze all that radio traffic through four antennas? Is it multiplexed or magic or what?
Well trunked systems are complicated but there are devices called "transmitter combiners"
that allow multiple transmitters to use the same antenna. I dunno the limit of transmitters allowed for each antenna. There are receive combiner devices and other filtering devices to let the transmitters not affect the receivers but it gets complex to the point I just call it smoke, mirrors, and magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.