new moose jaw police system coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Just a reminder of the forum rules for future reference

Copy/Pasting Content From Other Websites

When taking content from another website, such as a news reporting website or another frequency resource, it is very important you do not take the complete article or body of text. This information is copyrighted by the owner and requires permission to be used by anyone else. Please provide a short snippet of text or summary from the article and then link to it.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
thanks, my bad... i know better, just wasnt thinking (too early in the morning for me :) )

mciupa

No problem, thanks for letting us know of the new developments. :cool:

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Humm wonder what system they are looking at? Being Prairie Mobile... Possible Kenwood system? cant find a copy of the RFP

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
I did as well... located some of the question points from respondents as well

ve5wil

Feed Provider
now to decide if $160 worth of upgrades to my psr-800 to monitor both would be worth it in the event they forget to transmit secure :) - at least with the PPSTN link to fire, that will likely be unencrypted.

mciupa

now to decide if $160 worth of upgrades to my psr-800 to monitor both would be worth it in the event they forget to transmit secure :) - at least with the PPSTN link to fire, that will likely be unencrypted.

Or use the discriminator output on the 800 and DSD Plus software and a laptop for free.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
just starting to explore DSD plus. so far every helpful video ive found all deal with the rtl dongles and

Kel

If that’s the case it won’t be a NXDN system?will have to do some limit searches on DMR and see if anything pops up.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have seen NXDN in use in VHF, UHF 400, and UHF 800. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 900 MHz offering as well.

They do state in the document from post #7 that they are explicitly looking for NXDN or DMR in 800 MHz (page 12).

Kel

Will do some limit searches with the TRX-1 and WS 1080,and see what I come up with,never know they could be testing during the day while installing system,or is they a easier way with some third party software?

Status
Not open for further replies.