New Motorola XPR 4550 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I need some help with my new XPR 4550. I have it programmed for DMR here in eastern NC. It will transmit fine but it will not pass audio on receive. I get a received signal just no audio. I have a Connect Systems CS 750 programmed the same way and it receives the same repeater and talk groups just fine. I am posting the code plug and asking anyone to take a look to see if I have anything out of place. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Going to try and zip it and upload here.

Attachments

• XPR-TEST.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 44

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
And I thought I read somewhere that you could use the same radio I.D. as long as they were both not being used at the same time. I do have both radios programmed with the same I.D. It will receive just fine if I talk through the repeater on the CS 750 handheld programmed with the same I.D.

Thanks. I'll add another ID. Anything else?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That part is fine... It's just when 2 radios with the same RID try to talk to each other that you run into issues.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok. So it can only be one of a few things. Wrong time slot, wrong color code or wrong group code. You don't need an RX Group if you have the proper TX contact for the channel set, so it might be something there....

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Color code and time slot are verified. I'll recheck the group code.
Thanks for the help guys.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Do you get any sound out of the speaker at all (TPT, button press, power-up tone, monitor on analog channel, etc.)?

Actually, you can program as many Motorolas as you want to on conventional TRBO systems with the same ID, they'll talk all day long. What you won't be able to do is private calls (well, kind of) or any kind of trunking if IDs aren't unique.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Yes. As I said above it works fine in analog. I have a 440 analog repeater programmed in and it works fine on that as well as our county fire dispatch freq. in analog. Here's the funny part. I can use my portable which is programmed with the same ID and talk to the XPR 4550 on the local or PRN talkgroup thru the repeater and it comes through loud and clear. Kind of like a private call would work. I've heard someone say there's a specific setting that must be set in the radio to be able to use more than one ID but I don't know what that setting is.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Negative. The radio can only have one ID. It's not like P25 where you can have a different ID per system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You can put the same RID into as many radios as you want, that won't affect anything, other than talking to each other.

N4KVE

Negative. I have 5 radios, & they can all talk to each other using the same ID number. My friend didn't think I could, so I proved him wrong. My 7550e was talking to my 6300, no problem. There is a setting, I think enhanced channel access. Turn it off. Then 2 radios with the same ID will be able to talk to each other.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
That's not quite the problem I'm having.

My problem is when there is a conversation going on, on the PRN talkgroup I can see there is a received signal present but I'm NOT hearing any audio. I have just received another I.D. and programmed it in. I still have the same problem. No receive audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.