New Nashville/Davidson County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Had the opportunity to run PRO96COM on Nashville's new P25 system this evening.

It's showing the possibility that this MAY be a TDMA-X2 or Phase II (TDMA) system. Slots 2 and 3 on the bandplan are active, which is indicative of these type systems. Appears that it is currently operating in Phase I mode (FDMA)

This new system being on-line in test mode MAY be causing the reported on-again/off-again issues with the current Motorola system. Database has been updated accordingly.

Attachments

• nashville-tdma-1.jpg
    nashville-tdma-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 558
  • nashville-tdma-2.jpg
    nashville-tdma-2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 516

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I see from a TV stations report they were to vote last nite to approve this 23 million dollar upgrade.Dont see a vote results yet.
So if they are just getting the money together I would assume a good long ways out from completion or maybe not?
Be interesting to see TDMA or what.

ButchGone

Keep in mind the TVRCS is P25 phase 1 FDMA but fully capable of TDMA too. Whether they will use X2 or Phase 2 depends on whether they want to spend $6,300 per radio vs. $4,000 a pop. If user radios are using FDMA then that's good news for scanner listeners -- if they don't encrypt.
Supposedly THP decided on TDMA capable portables with FDMA mobiles which means as long as a phase 1 radio is affiliated with the group everybody is FDMA.
We'll see.....
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.