new neptune twp. fd talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

Heard for the first time today.tg 14022 Neptune Twp. Fire. responding to a call. Awaiting further before submitting to db.

scannersnstuff

Additionally, I also heard Asbury Park Fire ask for a pager test, which they received, over the same tg.

ob123

Premium Subscriber
A Little insight on talkgroup 14022... This Talk Group is identified as "LAN Response" meaning Long Branch, Asbury, and Neptune Response. This is the newly planned fire response talkgroup for those towns. There is also several other Fire Talkgroups in the new radios. Not sure when Long Branch will begin testing the LAN Response talkgroup, but it sounds like Asbury and Neptune will be shortly.

If someone could correct the title in the DB that would be appreciated.

ShoreBullets

There is a new bank but its pretty much the same as the EMS programming. IE Response, Ops 1-9 and Tac A B C, and the interop

Its also a temporary channel for testing how FD handles the trunked system after all the hand wringing by the various fire departments.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad they are testing. I hope they run it through its paces before Fire switches over. Im already getting too many transmission denials or or transmissions dropping out on portables and mobiles. This would not be a good thing if a firefighter is on a trunked channel calling a mayday.

The fire line up for the county has been out for a while, not necessarily any talkgroups for specific uses or departments that I am aware of.

ShoreBullets

I'm glad they are testing. I hope they run it through its paces before Fire switches over. Im already getting too many transmission denials or or transmissions dropping out on portables and mobiles. This would not be a good thing if a firefighter is on a trunked channel calling a mayday.

The fire line up for the county has been out for a while, not necessarily any talkgroups for specific uses or departments that I am aware of.

If its denying a transmission then its doing its job, its not supposed to allow someone else to key up if there is an active open channel.

Fire shouldnt be calling a mayday on the response frequency, thats what the ops channels are for. Only your IC should be on response.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
So we have the same problem of firegrounds not monitored. We see how departments listened currently as some still operate on the response channels because they feel they dont want to follow the plan.

I have gotten transmissions failed IN THE MIDDLE of a transmission.

P.S. Im not a fan of the fire grounds not being monitored, but I understand why and will deal with it. I feel more comfortable with a county dispatcher sitting at a desk dedicated to monitoring than the Chief who is monitoring but has so many other things going on around him, further, I also feel more comfortable with some of the county dispatchers handling and stepping in (if need be) a mayday than some of the chief's in the area.

Last edited:

Joseph11

Has anyone been able to get a complete listing of all the current fire/EMS talkgroups yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.