New-New Milford Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Below was sent to me by a friend, They handed this out 2 weeks ago when they reprogrammed the entire town.

This is the definitive list so im told. Anything else is old. Gaylordsville is now using the main Fire channel and will only use the backup dispatch channel in a system failure

All Channels NFM

154.3475 FD DISPATCH D445 RM
155.8725 FD GVFD BACKUP DISP D251 BM
154.7175 FD GVFD SCENE 1 D251 MO
154.2575 FD GVFD SCENE 2 D445 MO
159.6 FIRE POLICE D445 MO
151.295 FD SCENE 1 D226 MO
156.0675 FD SCENE 2 D026 MO
159.075 FD SCENE 3 D026 MO
160.125 FD SCENE 4 D411 MO
159.3525 NM AMBULANCE D226 RM
154.86 POLICE NAC 290 RM
158.3475 POLICE SIDE DUTY NAC343 MO
159.705 POLICE TAC NAC411 MO ENC
152.315 PUBLIC WORKS D315 RM
153.02 SEINOR CENTER D026 RM
160.08 TOWN WIDE D343 MO

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick question about GVFD. Was the reason they had their own frequencies was because of the coverage area of town they were in correct? I know the new system has better coverage.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Just a quick question about GVFD. Was the reason they had their own frequencies was because of the coverage area of town they were in correct? I know the new system has better coverage.

You hit it on the head Joe. The old fire system didn't cover up that way well. The new systems coverage is amazing

MarkB513

Signal Report:
154.860 N290 "HQ"- S6 here in Milford (not New Milford but Milford)
Great signal
Bob

I find that hard to believe (not saying I don't believe you) being when I'm driving out of New Milford into Brookfield (Pumpkin Hill/Long Meadow) or Bridgewater (Rte. 67) I find the digital transmission starts to get distorted. The analog signal seemed to go a lot farther before it started getting unreadable. I do realize digital signal reception doesn't work the same way as analog. On the other hand I noticed the analog ambulance, fire and highway repeaters can be heard clearly quite a distance outside of New Milford now.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I find that hard to believe (not saying I don't believe you) being when I'm driving out of New Milford into Brookfield (Pumpkin Hill/Long Meadow) or Bridgewater (Rte. 67) I find the digital transmission starts to get distorted. The analog signal seemed to go a lot farther before it started getting unreadable. I do realize digital signal reception doesn't work the same way as analog. On the other hand I noticed the analog ambulance, fire and highway repeaters can be heard clearly quite a distance outside of New Milford now.

They hardly pop in there at all using my Pro-106 because that radio is so bad on VHF due to the front end overload on VHF. But come in nice on the BCD396XT

Bob

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Don't forget the System is LSM CPQSK P25 so the scanner have issues tracking them

MarkB513

Don't forget the System is LSM CPQSK P25 so the scanner have issues tracking them

When I'm in New Milford the police sound excellent on my 996XT. It's just when I start to leave the town the reception gets poor sooner than in the past when it was analog. Being it isn't necessary for the coverage to go outside of New Milford; I would imagine part of the reason is it was probably designed this way. Are you saying the 996XT scanners have an issue with this type of P25 system once the signal starts to weaken other then this normally occurring with any digital signal?

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I was thinking the same thing...I did a search here and Google and found 100s of topics and 1000s of posts about having issues tracking P25 LSM systems, Mostly about trunking systems but LSM simulcast is LSM simulcast.

I just put New Milford PD in my 996 and I am getting them very well in Ansonia but im sure im only getting one of the high sites so it has no issue with hearing many sites at the same time

gallagher073

When I'm in New Milford the police sound excellent on my 996XT. It's just when I start to leave the town the reception gets poor sooner than in the past when it was analog. Being it isn't necessary for the coverage to go outside of New Milford; I would imagine part of the reason is it was probably designed this way. Are you saying the 996XT scanners have an issue with this type of P25 system once the signal starts to weaken other then this normally occurring with any digital signal?

I'm having the same issues with my 996XT.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I got the submission from a user here, and added what looks like above. Someone post here and let me know what channels are no longer in use and needs to be deleted out of the DB

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just another....

Attachments

• mariobump.jpg
    mariobump.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 160

APX7500X2

It's the nature of the beast, a digital signal does not travel as far as an analog one.

A digital AUDIO signal will drop out before an analog one but digital audio will be more intelligible for a longer distance than an analog one.
What you get with analog is the ability to hear scratchy noise longer and might be able to pick something out of the noise.
Apples to apples Digital audio travels further than analog in ability to understand the voice clearly

IF we want to talk RF apples to apples then 100 watts is 100 watts and both signals will be picked up equal distance, Its only the audio that's different.

Its to bad fire departments are still living by the 1998 study done by FDNY. The radios they are using are poor (yes they still use the XTS3500), they turned the radios down to 2 watts with radios under their coats next to their bodies, the digital they were using was old technology back then and nothing like that is even around anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.