New NJSP station at Fort Monmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
With the closing of Fort Monmouth I read that NJSP will be opening a station on the base to cover Fort Monmouth and basically the service area of the former Allenwood station (Shrewsbury Twp, Farmingdale and maybe I-195). I assume that ops will probably be on C3-4 but has anyone heard any traffic from this new station to confirm this?

RBFD415

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

While it is true NJSP will open a station hear. I understand it is not in place yet. Presently a private firm is securing the base. Any ideas on this outfit + frequencies?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
"The folks in charge of the redevelopment of the property are the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority (FMERA). Since this is their assest to market, they have a vested interest in seeing it protected, as does the Army. For its part, FMERA is coordinating with the New Jersey State Police to serve and protect the property and the employees who will be working there. FMERA has not made any official announcement as to specifics, but this week Tarantolo said the fort will be home to a state police barracks with 59 state troopers.

In August, FMERA Executive Director Bruce Steadman said the state police would initially be stationed in Russell Hall, on the Oceanport side of the main post and that they were looking for a more permanent headquarters. He also noted that they would be policing the entire 1,100-plus acre property."

From http://eatontown.patch.com/articles/what-happens-after-thursday

I can confirm they are operating on C3-4 Comm. They started patrols yesterday morning. They are not at full staffing yet though.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Hmm, the story on MyCentralJersey.com said the NJSP was to supplement a DOD contractor that was going to provide security to the site. I wonder which newspaper confused what the FMERA said...

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Monmouth had a contract security outfit handling the gates with DOD civilians & MP's doing the patrolling. I would imagine that contractor is still in place.

RBFD415

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Saw a Troop car there today! But also see the contractor security still manning the open gate on Oceanport Ave.

Tech792

I have a friend who was a DOD cop at the fort. He says that they are all getting transferred to NWS Earle because Earle is pulling out their Navy MA's. Earle is going to be all DOD cops now. They just have to do some re-training first.

Status
Not open for further replies.