New Norman state P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

I see a new P25 site listed for Norman on the state system. Which is separate from Norman's Type 2 P-25 system. Has any tried to monitor this site or heard anything on it.

nd5y

I know it's on the air but that's about it. I was able to run Unitrunker on it a couple times last Dec and Jan. At that time I received the CC for a total of 113 seconds and got a total of 4 hits on 2 voice channels. I don't know which talkgroups.

n5bew1

I know it's on the air but that's about it. I was able to run Unitrunker on it a couple times last Dec and Jan. At that time I received the CC for a total of 113 seconds and got a total of 4 hits on 2 voice channels. I don't know which talkgroups.
I am going to see if I can remember how to do it but will try to add it into my SDS200.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if it's on or not. I can't pick up the slightest trace of a signal on any of the frequencies, the site is about 28 miles from me. The Guthrie site, about 25 miles from me, works great at my location. Maybe the Norman site is not at full power.

n5bew1

I finally got this site installed in my SDS200 and there is a fair amount of traffic on it. The antennas are on the Energy Center building on the OU campus at 186 feet as far as OKWIN sites go it is not real high. I suspect site 41 is a p25 replacement for the analog site 40 which is on the same building. The antennas don't appear to be downtilt antennas.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I live in Norman just around the corner from their new simulcast system that OU and Norman emergency services use. They are still using the old analog system as well as the new one. I haven't heard very much on the new p25 state system though. I did for a while but it has since dropped off. There are 2 new systems I am wondering about #1 Moore and #2 University of Oklahoma. 82292

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I see a new P25 site listed for Norman on the state system. Which is separate from Norman's Type 2 P-25 system. Has any tried to monitor this site or heard anything on it.

Unless I am miss-understanding you there is no state system that city of norman is using that im aware of. At the time of this post normans own P25 II system is on the air and working just fine. At the time of this post the Norman Site(41) for OKWIN Phase I is working just fine as well as Site(40) Type II. There are patches between the systems. I do not see any additional/new norman system/sites.

n5bew1

I am aware that OKWIN 41 is not the one City of Norman is using and Norman's P25 type II is where all Norman's comms are now. I have the OKWIN site 41 programed in now and I am hearing lots of traffic on it now. The only thing in common is that site 41 is located in Norman though at a totally different site from Norman's 6 site Harris system.

Status
Not open for further replies.