New North Metro Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It appears three new 700Mhz DTRS sites in the Northglenn, Thornton area are underway and we heard traffic regarding one of them from the radio techs on id 10000 today. Based I believe on complaints from the Adams and Broomfield County agencies on poor coverage and busy signals.

1. 112th & Cherokee "Adcom antenna maze" ?
2. 142nd and Colo Blvd "Hilltop" ?
3. Thornton PD / Admin Buld ?

Better get those 996T's warmed up and keep your ears open, nothing show up as new affliations yet.

Jim<

Last edited:

BobWeb

jimmnn said:
It appears three new 700Mhz DTRS sites in the Northglenn, Thornton area are underway and we heard traffic regarding one of them from the radio techs on id 10000 today.
<...>
2. 142nd and Colo Blvd "Hilltop" ?
<...>
Jim<

Damn, right next to me. Anything I can help with? Only have a 96.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Can you do a service search on the 700 public safety band and maybe find a control channel?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
BobWeb said:
Damn, right next to me. Anything I can help with? Only have a 96.

Also Bob watch id's 4123 and 4124 they are Adams County radios but we have not identified the agency yet.

Jim<

scanman310

Did a search of the 700 MHz band with my 396 from here in Tornton and all I can come up with is an open carrier on 768.950. It's a strong signal so I took the antenna off to make sure it wasn't a birdie and the signal fades dramatically. That's all I hear. No control channel noise or anything. I will be checking every couple of hours and will certianly post here if I catch anything.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Maybe it's not 700. Anything new in 800 up that way?

jfab

So maybe I am right??

Does this have anything to do with the post I put up about Broomfield PD going to 700mhz? Is there a scanner for this system?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
Is there a radio for this new system?

It's not really a new system and yes the 996T works on 700mhz control channels.

Jim<

jfab

A Waste??

WaveRunner said:
That the only one Jim? Guess I better sell the ol 96.
So the 96 is worth nothing now pretty much?? Also FYI, per Broomfield streets sup Broomfield will make the jump next year!!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The 700 CC's aren't even on the air and you guys are ready to chuck your GRE scanners?:confused:

It's not like you are going to turn on your scanner tomorrow and hear nothing. Even with Adcom agencies having 700 sites in the future a number of their agencies users do have a tendency to affiliate with distant sites that are 800 only.:wink:

Of course if you like spending a couple of grand every other year for upgrading scanners....:lol:

Phil.

Thayne

I bought a 996 about 6 weeks ago and it sounds like crap compared to my 2096. (And it is a ***** to program)

The dynamic memory and 700 capability are nice, but I would probably feel better if I would have used the money I spent for it and bought 71 Key lime pies and given all of them but one out to the neighborhood kids. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.