New NXDN Freg in Radio Reference but doesn't update via Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB2

I am trying to add the below to my BCD436HP via Sentinel software. I see this as a new addition in the RR database, but when I go to update database, then copy to the scanner it does not appear. Note: I did purchase the NDXN Key via Uniden. Is this because NDXN has not been linked with Sentinel yet? If so, can I add it manually? If can add manually, any links or videos to show me how?

464.10000 WQBV358 RM 10 RAN AEMC Security Albert Einstein Medical Center - Security NXDN Security

Thank you.

wbswetnam

My understanding is that the database in the radio, too, has to be reconstructed to support NXDN. So if you use the zip code method for programming, any NXDN system will be missing until Sentinel is updated. When Sentinel is updated, the global database will be reconstructed as well.

GB2

Thanks everyone. And to Budrousa I’m willing to do it manually, just not having much luck.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that the database in the radio, too, has to be reconstructed to support NXDN. So if you use the zip code method for programming, any NXDN system will be missing until Sentinel is updated. When Sentinel is updated, the global database will be reconstructed as well.
There is no problem with the scanner itself accepting NXDN entries. Location based scanning does not work with NXDN because those systems are omitted by the database, As UPMan has said before, "non-scanable" systems are not included in the database. Since Sentinel can't handle NXDN, then the format is still non-scanable. Once Sentinel has been made compatible, them NXDN systems would start appearing in the database loaded in Sentinel, and would be available for appending to Favorites lists, or being included via location based scanning.

wbswetnam

There is no problem with the scanner itself accepting NXDN entries. Location based scanning does not work with NXDN because those systems are omitted by the database, As UPMan has said before, "non-scanable" systems are not included in the database. Since Sentinel can't handle NXDN, then the format is still non-scanable. Once Sentinel has been made compatible, them NXDN systems would start appearing in the database loaded in Sentinel, and would be available for appending to Favorites lists, or being included via location based scanning.

Well, yes and no. Consider this non-trunked repeater system in Lafayette County, Arkansas which has NXDN listed for county sheriff:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=144

In Sentinel, the system appears like in the image below. Now, if I were cruising through this county tonight with my mobile and NXDN-loaded 536HP (with the GPS enabled, of course), do you think that the radio would pick it up and decode the county sheriff's dispatch, or not?

Attachments

• LafayetteCoAR.jpg
    LafayetteCoAR.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 604

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, yes and no. Consider this non-trunked repeater system in Lafayette County, Arkansas which has NXDN listed for county sheriff:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=144

In Sentinel, the system appears like in the image below. Now, if I were cruising through this county tonight with my mobile and NXDN-loaded 536HP (with the GPS enabled, of course), do you think that the radio would pick it up and decode the county sheriff's dispatch, or not?

It should. The channnel will be seat as "ALL" (not analog nor digital exclusive).

Status
Not open for further replies.