New Nyc member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC96FD

Hello all.

Just purchased a Yaesu VX-3r.

Programming is strait forward via the programming software, however i wonder how come i cant input frequencys in the 483.---- range. The software doesnt allow me to input it.

Upon looking through the programming software some questions also come up.... what offset direction should i pick?, operating mode? Tone?, DCS? Skip? Step?? All of this is quite foreign to me. Before i found this forum i made the assumption to leave it all alone, but ive previously heard another vx-3 and it sounds better, less squelch etc.

Id like to bring this radio with me and casually listen to transmissions. No real need to transmit anything.

Not sure it matters but im located in Nyc. Id like to listen to the PD/FD/EMS/Troopers etc.

Anything else i should be away of?

Thanks in advance.

serrot86

Hello all.

Just purchased a Yaesu VX-3r.

Programming is strait forward via the programming software, however i wonder how come i cant input frequencys in the 483.---- range. The software doesnt allow me to input it.

Upon looking through the programming software some questions also come up.... what offset direction should i pick?, operating mode? Tone?, DCS? Skip? Step?? All of this is quite foreign to me. Before i found this forum i made the assumption to leave it all alone, but ive previously heard another vx-3 and it sounds better, less squelch etc.

Id like to bring this radio with me and casually listen to transmissions. No real need to transmit anything.

Not sure it matters but im located in Nyc. Id like to listen to the PD/FD/EMS/Troopers etc.

Anything else i should be away of?

Thanks in advance.

hmm im new to this whole scanner thing but maybe try another scanner. something simple like what i have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0vAbUAoTY its analog but most of the frequencies are analog in the NYC anyways. hope this helped

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum.

Well, it's gonna scan a lot slower than a scanner will. But I guess it'll be serviceable.

Try to program it in by hand instead. Your HT covers those frequencies. No offset, no tone, etc. If you do find a tone then you can program it in if you wish.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.