New observation- DMR CC-0 (zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
While searching for new DMR stations, I just came upon a station using Color Code 0. I know it is one of the options available when choosing the CC, but this is the first time I have ever actually seen it used. It is the CC on 452.850 which after monitoring for a while, I have identified it as being an elderly van service in the East Hartford, Ct. area. Nothing in the FCC database matches up directly. The talkgroup used is 6684773.
Bob

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its entirely possible that they may be an unlicensed user.
Or it was programmed by a person getting started with DMR.
I think most shops dont use it because its a default color code and no body wants to be on default pl or dpl or color tone.

N4KVE

Not true. Many PD's use NAC code 293 on P25, & that is the default NAC code. 0 is just one of the ones available. The busiest FRS ch is CH 1. People just choose what they choose. No rhyme, nor reason.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
When i worked for a 2-way shop that was quickly one of the things i learned was to always change the default PL, DPL what ever values.
Every shop is different.
Ive ran my scanner on search in my area and have yet to find a CC of 0.
In fact its interesting, ive seen some shops use the same color code across individual users OR their own systems. I kind of like it. Its almost like you can identify what radio shop programmed or set up what radio system for each customer.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Ive ran my scanner on search in my area and have yet to find a CC of 0.

Same here, that is why I figured it might be interesting to point it out. I have logged hundreds of DMR active stations in my tri-state area and this was the first I have seen using CC0. In fact after seeing it, I had to go into my turbo programming software just to see if 0 was really one of the options available. :eek:

Bob

ecps92

Has Marcus moved to DMR
Marcus Spectrum Holdings LTR - Connecticut - Scan New England Wiki
Based on the Pending Application I would say Yes

While searching for new DMR stations, I just came upon a station using Color Code 0. I know it is one of the options available when choosing the CC, but this is the first time I have ever actually seen it used. It is the CC on 452.850 which after monitoring for a while, I have identified it as being an elderly van service in the East Hartford, Ct. area. Nothing in the FCC database matches up directly. The talkgroup used is 6684773.
Bob

ecps92

Side note - this reminded me of the time I found a P25 user using $000
which depending on your make/model of scanner, drops leading Zeros :D
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.