New OC P25 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracavon

I just noticed that all of the listed frequencies for the new OC P25 system are now dead (i.e., no control channel data on any of them). Must have happened recently, since I was getting it a few days ago. Does anyone know if the frequencies changed, or if there is a new control channel, or if it's just offline? Or possibly rebanded? I haven't had the time to do any searching, so I was wondering if anyone already knew anything about it.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty certain it is/was a temporary site for testing. Had reports it was offline as of a few weeks ago. Not sure if it will ever come back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just noticed that all of the listed frequencies for the new OC P25 system are now dead (i.e., no control channel data on any of them). Must have happened recently, since I was getting it a few days ago. Does anyone know if the frequencies changed, or if there is a new control channel, or if it's just offline? Or possibly rebanded? I haven't had the time to do any searching, so I was wondering if anyone already knew anything about it.

Yes this testing site is completely dead. Probably not going to come back. I heard and take this with a grain of salt is that Orange County is not going to do a slow upgrade to P25 Phase I system. They are going to support their current system until 2020 and then do a full upgrade to P25 Phase II TDMA IP based system.

But anything can change at a moments notice. Maybe the county is going to save up some money and stay on the cutting edge and go to an IP based system in the future.

Riverside County has gone in that direction as well as The County of Los Angeles with LA-RICS too. Orange County will probably follow suit. It makes sense

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Oh no, I was just thinking of asking about the new P25 system the other day, and oracavon beat me to it. We may have to wait to 2020??? Oh well. By the way, for the current system P25, besides attenuation and P25 manual 10, try just programming the control channels only. Seems to help quite a bit here. Don't know why.

Steve AA6IO

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh no, I was just thinking of asking about the new P25 system the other day, and oracavon beat me to it. We may have to wait to 2020??? Oh well. By the way, for the current system P25, besides attenuation and P25 manual 10, try just programming the control channels only. Seems to help quite a bit here. Don't know why.

Steve AA6IO

That is the rumor but nothing is ever set in concrete. Anything can change at any moment.

But The County of Orange is in a very heavy budget crisis, so it makes sense to limp the system along for a few years.

oracavon

Thanks, Steve. I was using the test site to get good reception of Red channel. My P25 settings are set for Pasadena ICIS and LAPD, so my OC digital reception on the current OC system is really poor. Worked great on the test site, though. I guess I'll have to dedicate a second radio just for Red channel, if I can find a good combination of settings. I'll try your suggestions, as well as trying the 536 trick of programming them as FM rather than NFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.