New Ocean County EMS Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our EMS squad is putting a new frequency in our radios, 155.400 PL 182.6. I've heard it called EMS 5 and EMS OPS. We were told this is a new VHF-to-UHF link. Has anyone heard about this new frequency? If so, what UHF frequency or talkgroup is/will it be linked to?

mondaro

Feed Provider
Back in the day that was the old Department 5 channel, CMC Medcom used it with the paramedics.
The Life Units. Be interested to see what there up to. I think the correct tone would be 186.2

Stay Alert / Stay Alive !!

" Dover Twp now Toms River Police "

Mike Balina ( Toms River First Aid ) ~ Rest in Peace !! You will always be in our prayers

Tony M.

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Ahh yes.. I remember the Department 5 channel well.. My dad used to Dispatch out at Medcomm.

Tony, its nice to see you paying tribute to Mike in your Signature. He was a good friend of mine from 'back in the day.'

Scott

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Ahh yes.. I remember the Department 5 channel well.. My dad used to Dispatch out at Medcomm.

Tony, its nice to see you paying tribute to Mike in your Signature. He was a good friend of mine from 'back in the day.'

Scott

mondaro

Feed Provider

Scott

Mike...

Was a great guy, I also remember him helping me out in the Toms River area, We where both huge scanner buffs and often traded ideas and notes on info down in the ol Dover Twp area now Toms River, Here is another example of a great guy we lost to soon may he rest in peace, I know for sure he will always me in thoughts and prayers.

Tony

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.. I knew Mike first when he was doing all of his stuff with OC EOC, and when he rejoined TREMS we rode together there quite a bit.

There's a lot of history down there in the vollie squad in what is now Toms River. I got my start on Island Heights FAS running Mutual Aid into then Dover Twp, and later joined TREMS. Spent my Tuesdays after school riding with "Big" John Glowacki and Fred Edding over at Squad 18 too..

I miss John a lot, and Big Daddy too.

The Vollie days used to be fun in Toms River. I wouldnt trade my experiences with the providers down there and the LIFE folks for anything. I saw a lot, and I learned a lot which helped me become the paramedic I am today.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Yes, Big John, the dispatcher for Dover Twp, I knew of him but never met the man.
I sure another great guy as your post indicated.

hulka

Hey Scott and Tony.

Funny thing is I was just thinking of him today and did a search on his name and this popped up. I had a lot of fun with Mike, he was a great guy and always willing to help out with anything.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.