New Ocean County EMS Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

It appears Ocean County has a new EMS frequency. During the brush fire in Barnegat over the weekend I heard county dispatch tell an EMS unit, although I don't remember who exactly, that communications would be on EMS Ops. A short while after that, I heard dispatch talking to EMS unit 112 (Barnegat) on 155.400 DPL 331. I only heard that one transmimssion, but the TRS and the Conventional Barnegat Repeater were so busy that there may have been more that I missed. If I were to guess, it might be EMS 5? If anyone has any info on this, please post.

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
Back in the day CMC Medcom ( May they Rest In Peace ) that was referred to as the ol department 5 channel but then the pl back then was 186.2

I had posted something back in January (see here). I had forgotten to post it, but I found a document from some meeting our captain went to. Called VHF EMS Ops / JEMS 5, it is a temporary patch between VHF and the EMS Ops talkgroup on the Trunked Radio System. A more permanent solution is to create a new talkgroup called EMS Zone 5 and have the VHF-to-UHF link on that.

I can try to scan the document into a PDF if anyone wants a copy of it.

I have been listening to that channel for a while, but never heard anything. It figures that I was in Virigina when they finally decided to use it! I went back through my Trunk88 logs and saw that EMS Ops was getting some use during the time of the fire.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...n-forum/170235-new-ocean-county-ems-freq.html

elias1988

Feed Provider
A more permanent solution is to create a new talkgroup called EMS Zone 5 and have the VHF-to-UHF link on that.

Is that your opinion or does it state that in the document? since the zone talkgroup layouts for both fire and ems go by the zone coordinators I don't see the new talkgroup being called Zone 5 since theres only 4 coordinators for ems. I could see it being called EMS Tactical or EMS 5

Last edited:
Ok, I reread the document, and I was mistaken about a VHF-to-UHF link on EMS Zone 5.

...3) Plan to turn on VHF EMS Ops (JEMS 5) 155.400 DPL of 331 for four towers. This will then be hard cross patched to current UHF Trunk Talk Group "EMS Ops".
So the link will be on the existing EMS Ops talkgroup. Not sure why I thought it would be on EMS Zone 5.

Is that your opinion or does it state that in the document?

Document (parts relating to EMS Zone 5)

Requests made of Ocean County Wireless Technology via letter included the following:

I. Add an additional Talk Group for newly created EMS Zone 5

The results were as follows:

I. Due to the reprogramming that would need to occur and the current limitations of the WT Staff adding a Zone 5 will be very difficult. If there is a additional need to add other features or channels to our radios he would then add the additional talk group. The end result of this, Zone 2 and Zone 5 Agencies will continue to function on Zone 2 until a change is made. There is no users currently in Zone 3 or 4 and therefore there is no reason to turn on these Talk Groups.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Testing is currently in progress on EMS Ops,Unitrunker showing radio IDs 22327 and 51063 being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.