New offering - RadioFeed 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtidd

Database Admin
I just released RadioFeed 1.2. A no cost solution.

Streams audio to RadioReference, Icecast, and ShoutCast servers using the Source Client feature or directly to media players using the Web Server feature.

Available at ProScan on the right side of the page.
  • Fixed - Win 7 not writing the configuration and log files if installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
  • Changed - Selecting RadioReference server type in the Source Client locks the Samples Per Second at 22050 and MP3 Bitrate at 16(Mono) / 32(Stereo) kbps.
  • Changed - RadioReference Auto Configure in the Source Cient can now pick feed by description instead of mount if running multiple feeds.
I will be working on the the Wiki next and then on to the GRE scanners.

Thanks

However, the zip file, download file in the zip & the installed about say v1.1. and the features are 1.1.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed 1.3 Out

This version only has a few changes but I wanted to get this out as the next version will be a few weeks away.

Next version will have PSR-500/PSR-600 support. Anyone interested in testing, email me so I can send you a test copy.

RadioFeed 1.3 available at ProScan on the right side of the page.
  • Added - Web Server - Shows the local and outside IP addresses.
  • RadioReference Auto Configure only way to configure. Manual method no longer permitted to prevent mis-configurations.
RadioFeed streams audio to RadioReference, Icecast, and ShoutCast servers using the Source Client feature or directly to media players using the Web Server feature.

richtidd

Database Admin
This version only has a few changes but I wanted to get this out as the next version will be a few weeks away.

Next version will have PSR-500/PSR-600 support. Anyone interested in testing, email me so I can send you a test copy.

RadioFeed 1.3 available at ProScan on the right side of the page.
  • Added - Web Server - Shows the local and outside IP addresses.
  • RadioReference Auto Configure only way to configure. Manual method no longer permitted to prevent mis-configurations.
RadioFeed streams audio to RadioReference, Icecast, and ShoutCast servers using the Source Client feature or directly to media players using the Web Server feature.

V1.3 looks good.
Works fine.

slylingus

Just Installed up and running in seconds Thanks Bob perfect integration.
Cheers Sly

Just installed version 1.3 and wanted to mention a couple of things.

Is there a way to have the program automatically check every so often for an update? This may help people that use your software but they don't really keep an eye on your website or this forum to keep up to date with the latest release.

Is there any way to disable the baloon tip that shows when we minimize to the system tray? The first time is fine, but it gets to be a little annoying after you are running the program for a while but like to check every so often to make sure it is still working properly.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed 1.4

RadioFeed is available at the ProScan web site on the right side of the page.
  • Added - RS/GRE Scanners Text Tag Support - PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-500, and the PSR-600.

RadioFeed is a no cost solution.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I really like this program. Easy to use and works great.

I added the program to the startup menu so it will start when the computer turns on but it does not automatically connect. Should it do that or am I missing something?

Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I really like this program. Easy to use and works great.

I added the program to the startup menu so it will start when the computer turns on but it does not automatically connect. Should it do that or am I missing something?

Thanks

Make sure the option is checked "Start Up - Source Client & Web Server Use Last State When Program Closed"

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Make sure the option is checked "Start Up - Source Client & Web Server Use Last State When Program Closed"

Yes that was checked. Wonder why it didn't work. hmmm. I shall try it again.

EDIT: Tried it again and it worked fine. Thanks :)

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes that was checked. Wonder why it didn't work. hmmm. I shall try it again.

EDIT: Tried it again and it worked fine. Thanks :)

One possibility why it didn't work the first time is the Source Client may have been in the disconnected state when the program closed before the computer rebooted.

johnvassel

My program doesn't care if using 2.0 or 4.0. RadioFeed is not using anything that's new in 4.0. I decided to target the 2.0 net framework for two reasons.
1) 4.0 doesn't work on Win 98 and 2.0 does. 2) ProScan in the past targeted 2.0 so if anyone using ProScan and now want's to use RadioFeed. They dont have to wait for 4.0 to be installed if they don't have 4.0.

AS I read down the thread I kept thinking 'crap', my now freed up pc for streaming is running 98, so much for proscan.
Glad to see this change.
I may give it a try today.

johnvassel

Okay, I put my feed on radiofeed. I notice punchier audio and much less lag in 'real time' audio.
Thanks!!
I liked the slider too, dumped the unused channel on my input to 0%, perhaps this is where the louder audio comes in?

Edited to add:

I really like this. Hopefully it stays stable.
Now, in development, I'm wondering if there is a way to put a 'bottom' on the audio input slider.
For example, when I was using my oldest laptop, it only had mic in. This created a bottom of the signal noise that was broadcast in the feed.
I've since switched to a slightly newer laptop that has a line in, but it'd still be nice to put a 'bottom' on the input, nothing below that threshold being streamed.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Okay, I put my feed on radiofeed. I notice punchier audio and much less lag in 'real time' audio.
Thanks!!
I liked the slider too, dumped the unused channel on my input to 0%, perhaps this is where the louder audio comes in?

Edited to add:

I really like this. Hopefully it stays stable.
Now, in development, I'm wondering if there is a way to put a 'bottom' on the audio input slider.
For example, when I was using my oldest laptop, it only had mic in. This created a bottom of the signal noise that was broadcast in the feed.
I've since switched to a slightly newer laptop that has a line in, but it'd still be nice to put a 'bottom' on the input, nothing below that threshold being streamed.

I'm glad you like it and nice to hear that it's performing to specs. I do recommend that the unconnected input be at 0% so it won't pickup unwanted audio mixing with the desired audio.

This will stay stable (knock on chrome...I mean bytes). It is time tested with the same feature in ProScan ScanCast.

I'm not sure about the ideal that the audio has to be above a threshold is good because I can see the complaints of the audio cutting in and out. My development machine has a stereo mic input that I use and it doesn't have that problem. I think DSP would be a better route.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just installed version 1.3 and wanted to mention a couple of things.

Is there a way to have the program automatically check every so often for an update? This may help people that use your software but they don't really keep an eye on your website or this forum to keep up to date with the latest release.

Is there any way to disable the baloon tip that shows when we minimize to the system tray? The first time is fine, but it gets to be a little annoying after you are running the program for a while but like to check every so often to make sure it is still working properly.

Thanks,

Jeff

Good suggestions.
I'll add a "Check For Newer Versions" option that will check for updates when starting up and every hour.
I will also take out the notification balloon tip and keep the balloon text.

Status
Not open for further replies.