New/Old MSP Bubble Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Compare the color difference.

20jlme0.jpg

Notice the color difference.

Also the dome on 2193 Motor Carrier Unit is on there because his old dome flew off and they had to put the new on on there because they cant order the spitfire.

Also the spotlight was installed by the MCO and its a Fire Truck brake light and yes it blinks.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
That will make a difference on how far the light can be seen now. I know with the older domes you can see them for miles day or night. I remember seeing something when I lived in Ohio about making an emergency light more visible by drilling small holes in the lens in a star pattern. The white light coming through the holes added to the intensity of the flash.

bigbluemsp

wesm1957 said:
That will make a difference on how far the light can be seen now. I know with the older domes you can see them for miles day or night. I remember seeing something when I lived in Ohio about making an emergency light more visible by drilling small holes in the lens in a star pattern. The white light coming through the holes added to the intensity of the flash.

Yes that is actualy fact and not theory.

If you have a lightbar with a clear dome and a colored filter they are 40% brighter then a lightbar with a colored dome. Colored domes cause to much dispersion of light rays and they deintensify the output of light

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
bigbluemsp said:
Yes that is actualy fact and not theory.

If you have a lightbar with a clear dome and a colored filter they are 40% brighter then a lightbar with a colored dome. Colored domes cause to much dispersion of light rays and they deintensify the output of light

FOURTY percent? Better check your numbers there.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I pray for the day when the MSP will start using full lightbars. Federal Signal and Whelen make great products. The new generation of low-profile, LED lightbars are fantastic, and are highly visible day or night. :D

73's

Ron

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
bigbluemsp said:
Compare the color difference.

20jlme0.jpg

Also the spotlight was installed by the MCO and its a Fire Truck brake light and yes it blinks.

That should be steady burn, not flashing...it works great as an attention-getter, just like your spitfire dome on the Unity.

bigbluemsp

Yes it should be steady burn but you can rewire the spots to flash like a wig wag. The Motor Carrier Officer rewired the one with the red light to flash

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
My post was clear as mud...that's my bad. I guess I hit post in mid-thought.

I meant it as a steady burn red is a great attention-getter, as opposed to a flashing light, like the useage in California. One steady burn red light out there is rather effective. It's neat to see a red spotlight east of the Mississippi river in any form...pretty rare around the midwest.

bigbluemsp

stateboy said:
My post was clear as mud...that's my bad. I guess I hit post in mid-thought.

I meant it as a steady burn red is a great attention-getter, as opposed to a flashing light, like the useage in California. One steady burn red light out there is rather effective. It's neat to see a red spotlight east of the Mississippi river in any form...pretty rare around the midwest.

I get what your saying now. MSP had old Mustangs in the early 90's that had a single red spot on them that was steady burn

Status
Not open for further replies.