- Sep 3, 2017
OpenWebRX is back in development. So happy. I wondered why the software would not decode these popular new modes.
"Hello fellow radio enthusiasts, with great excitement I would like to announce the availability of OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 as public release.
- The new core now supports multiple SDR devices simultaneously, as well as switching between multiple profiles per SDR, allowing users to navigate between multiple bands or frequencies.
- Added support for demodulation of digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN).Added support for digital modes of the WSJT-X suite (FT8, FT4, WSPR, JT65, JT9).
- Added support for APRS.
- Added support for Pocsag.
- Bookmarks allow easy navigation between known stations.
- Background decoding can transform your receiver into an automatic reporting station, including automatic band scheduling.
- The integrated map shows digimode spots as well as APRS and YSF positions."
OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 Released: New Decoders for Digital Voice, Digital Ham Modes and More
Back in early January we posted about how the popular web based SDR and RTL-SDR compatible receiver software known as OpenWebRX was officially discontinued by the original author. However, thanks to it's open source licence, code contributor Jakob Ketterl (DD5JFK) has been able to continue...