New Orleans County Feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
Orleans County has been without any Broadcastify feeds for some time but now has a feed of the Orleans County VHF Fire/EMS paging;
This feed is provided by pebblebacon who I have partnered with for feeds covering Fire paging for the Finger Lakes area.

My feed covers the VHF paging for Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Wayne and Wyoming.
Although I am also scanning Orleans, reception is poor to nil at times on my feed so he added a receiver in Medina for the missing Orleans coverage.
His Finger Lakes UHF Fire/EMS feed covers Cayuga, Cortland, Onondaga, Ontario, Oswego, Seneca, Tompkins and Yates.
He also provides other audio feeds including Marine and Rail plus AIS and ADS-B that are listed in his feed feed description page at the link above.

We have also partnered on Thruway feeds. I do the Buffalo Division Zone 4 dispatch plus Henrietta and Batavia Maintenance and he does the Syracuse Division Zone 3 dispatch plus Manchester and Weedsport Maintenance.

The intent of our Fire paging feeds is to provide a means of keeping track of developing incidents throughout the region so listeners can then switch to the individul county operations feeds provided by others to follow the action. I hope the presence of the Orleans paging feed will inspire someone in Orlenas County to provide a feed from the P25 trunk system for local Public Safety operations.

His feed VHF feed is just a radio and a Raspberry Pi at an unattended location in Medina which needs little attention but a P25 feed really needs a local provider to set up and maintain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.