New Owner - a few quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

I just got the PSR-500 scanner at Dayton Friday. Really impressive.

Couple of quick questions, I am using NiMH batteries. I set the battery type, but the manual says it is supposed to flash on the LCD screen every so often that it is charging. It is not, does a setting have to be activated for it to charge - and yes I am using yellow holder?

Also, if running the scanner off the AC power supply, does it charge the batteries while turned on and scanning?

Thanks1

RKG

1) Most likely you have not uplifted the firmware: I believe the current version (1.3) is required for the flashing-while-charging indicator to appear.

2) Yes.

GrapeApe

The batery icon is what flashes on the screen. It is located on the top line of the display. Not very noticable.

beischel

GrapeApe said:
The batery icon is what flashes on the screen. It is located on the top line of the display. Not very noticable.

OK, I see, as long as the scanner is on it flashes that it is charging. When off it shows nothing. I was expecting it to flash when it was off since some of my amateur handhelds will display something to denote charging when the unit was off. It does not appear to be that way on the PSR-500.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.