New owner, exhausted the search function

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastendMike

Hi,

I have been searching on the uniden forum and others to answer my questions, no luck. I'm looking for a good (discrete, within the vehicle) mobile antenna, wideband 30-1000Mhz. I have had a lot of static while testing the frequencies I put in indoors, even more on the road. Hoping that a better antenna may be the cure.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

dmg1969

Something that is going to receive that wide of a frequency range really isn't going to be discreet. You can try one of those suction cup mount wire antennas, but I have no idea how good they would be...especially if the windows are such that block UV (that also blocks radio signals). Here are links to 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Scanner-Radio-Receiver-Antenna-Suction/dp/B00FNPVZUG

Workman Scan4 Scanner Antenna SC1

Why not try a glass mount antenna like the Tram 1199? I have one and it does decent on most bands. Or, you could drill and use an NMO mount antenna and take it off when not in use. Just a few thoughts.

Why the need to be "discreet"?

byndhlptom

inside car antenna

1- mount a 19in whip on rear window "tray" (I've had good luck with this)

2- AS (and others) made an antenna adapter that you plugged inline with your AM/FM antenna and had a second coax to a scanner. Usually not rated for 700-800MHz

3- Use the 1/4 in aluminum tape that they use for alarming windows to "make" an inside the glass antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.