New Owner SDS 100....Jacksonville, St Johns and Clay Counties...very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmanuel

Broke Down and bought the SDS 100 from Zipscanners, after about one month waiting for the back order to complete, it finally arrived on Friday. Didn't get to spend much time with it until Saturday.

I ordered 3 counties, Duval, Clay, and Putnam to be programmed by Zipscanners. My wife and I own property in Putnam County and visit there often.

If I had to do it over, one country would have been sufficient, using the Sentinel software, it's pretty easy to create new favorite lists, I have scaled back on Duval county, I don't care about much the school system, etc...

I added St.Johns county and from the Mandarin area where I live, it's booming in with Fire/Rescue.

I added the Jacksonville City - First Coast Radio settings today and it's made a huge difference, the JFRD is booming in now, along with Jacksonville Marine Patrol.

Once I figured out how to turn favorite lists on/off depending on what I wanted to listen to, it's made monitoring much more interesting.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I had the 436 & 536 when I was visiting the area in sjc by the airport and the 436 didn't do well in the neighborhood. When I got the sds100 it worked in the same area and made a big difference.

kayleesdad

Now you can analyze the systems and sites and find new systems and tgids and post them to RR!

KO4IPV

Broke Down and bought the SDS 100 from Zipscanners, after about one month waiting for the back order to complete, it finally arrived on Friday. Didn't get to spend much time with it until Saturday.

I ordered 3 counties, Duval, Clay, and Putnam to be programmed by Zipscanners. My wife and I own property in Putnam County and visit there often.

If I had to do it over, one country would have been sufficient, using the Sentinel software, it's pretty easy to create new favorite lists, I have scaled back on Duval county, I don't care about much the school system, etc...

I added St.Johns county and from the Mandarin area where I live, it's booming in with Fire/Rescue.

I added the Jacksonville City - First Coast Radio settings today and it's made a huge difference, the JFRD is booming in now, along with Jacksonville Marine Patrol.

Once I figured out how to turn favorite lists on/off depending on what I wanted to listen to, it's made monitoring much more interesting.
I often listen to Putnam country because my area of central Fl is gone ENC. a lot going on up there!!!! I have the SDS100 very happy with this scanner

srmanuel

I often listen to Putnam country because my area of central Fl is gone ENC. a lot going on up there!!!! I have the SDS100 very happy with this scanner

I own property in Welaka is where I listen to Putnam County, I pick everything up, including LE, but I hear a lot static most of time, I wrote it off to Putnam being analog and subject to more static...As a crow flies I'm not that far from Ocala, I get very little from Marion County...

KO4IPV

I own property in Welaka is where I listen to Putnam County, I pick everything up, including LE, but I hear a lot static most of time, I wrote it off to Putnam being analog and subject to more static...As a crow flies I'm not that far from Ocala, I get very little from Marion County...
I am 25 miles south of Ocala , I only listen to Putnam county 90percent of time , every thing Is encrypted in Lake, Marion and Sumter county’s with the exception of a few EMS frequency’s even then do not get hardly noting from that set of broadcast, however listening to Putnam has ben very exciting, lot and lots of EMS and PD , I had a problem with static also in the beginning, for one they are all conventional frequency’s, but with some range adjustments and filter changes and modulation ups (V-3) now almost all audio loud and clear. Putnam is about all I can get in abundance from we’re I am at thank goodness, because all has ben DE around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.