ProScan: New Owner Trying To Program BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDurhot9526

New owner. Bought BCD996P2 as local law and fire/rescue went to a trucked system. Paid for access here and downloaded ProScan (current version n16.4). Went to Database section of ProScan to import a database. Used the RadioReference part and got to the window that asks for the user name and password. When i enter it the Proscan error and says invalid username or password. Since I'm obviously logged in here the login information is correct. Can anyone tell me what I;m missing? ProScan software seems to be straight forward and will basically program the scanner with the data that RadioReference provides but I can't log in to even start the access. Please help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am logged in here too, but I am not a premium subscriber. You may require another password to log in for downloading. Anyone else have that information?

Getting Started

To download frequency and trunked information into your scanner, follow these three steps:

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 1 - Become a RadioReference.com Premium Subscriber

Users who have a RadioReference.com Account with active premium subscriber status automatically have access to the Web service. To view the complete details on your premium subscription status and to upgrade your account, see the Premium Subscription Information Page. Subscribing is easy and instantaneous by credit card.

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 2 - Download and Install a Supported Scanner Programming Software Application

A scanner programming software application is required to access the Web service and download information directly to your scanner. These applications function as the bridge between the RadioReference Database and your individual scanner or radio.

Scanner programming software applications are written by numerous third-party organizations and individuals and many of them directly support the RadioReference.com Web service download feature.

To see the complete list of scanner programming software applications that support the Web service please see this reference page:
NOTE: it is important that you determine whether or not your individual scanner or radio is supported by a Web service capable programming application. Not all scanners are supported by application developers. See the above supported programs link for details.
InlineSuccess.gif
Step 3 - Follow the individual software application instructions

Each individual software application will prompt you to enter your RadioReference.com Premium Account Username and Password before being able to access the Web service directly and program your scanner. Please reference the instructions for each application on how to access the Web service.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am logged in here too, but I am not a premium subscriber. You may require another password to log in for downloading. Anyone else have that information?

Uses the exact same user name and password as the RR login.

To the OP... Try to copy and paste your RR login info to eliminate the possibility of errors. And just an FYI, it's a trunked system, not "trucked".

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference and ProScan logins and passwords are two different things.

When using the RR data import function in Proscan, as the OP described, the login for that function is the same as the RR site login info.

TomDurhot9526

To the OP... Try to copy and paste your RR login info to eliminate the possibility of errors. And just an FYI, it's a trunked system, not "trucked".

THanks for answering. Fat fingers on trucked haha. I've evered the user and pass so many times I know I'm entering it right, but I'll try that.

TomDurhot9526

Could firewall software be blocking the connection?

Getting Started

To download frequency and trunked information into your scanner, follow these three steps:

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 1 - Become a RadioReference.com Premium Subscriber

Users who have a RadioReference.com Account with active premium subscriber status automatically have access to the Web service. To view the complete details on your premium subscription status and to upgrade your account, see the Premium Subscription Information Page. Subscribing is easy and instantaneous by credit card.

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 2 - Download and Install a Supported Scanner Programming Software Application

A scanner programming software application is required to access the Web service and download information directly to your scanner. These applications function as the bridge between the RadioReference Database and your individual scanner or radio.

Scanner programming software applications are written by numerous third-party organizations and individuals and many of them directly support the RadioReference.com Web service download feature.

To see the complete list of scanner programming software applications that support the Web service please see this reference page:
NOTE: it is important that you determine whether or not your individual scanner or radio is supported by a Web service capable programming application. Not all scanners are supported by application developers. See the above supported programs link for details.
InlineSuccess.gif
Step 3 - Follow the individual software application instructions

Each individual software application will prompt you to enter your RadioReference.com Premium Account Username and Password before being able to access the Web service directly and program your scanner. Please reference the instructions for each application on how to access the Web service.
I have the right premium subscription for 180 days. I've even tried the software on another computer and get the same error. Just baffles me.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have the right premium subscription for 180 days. I've even tried the software on another computer and get the same error. Just baffles me.

One thing to try to be absolutely certain you are using the correct RR username and password... At the top right corner of this page, right under the Scanner Master ad... click on your user name and in that drop-down box click on "Log out". Then log back in again with your RR user name and password. If that works, but those same credentials still don't work for the Proscan RR data import function, best to open a service ticket at

support@radioreference.com

and explain to them what is happening.

TomDurhot9526

One thing to try to be absolutely certain you are using the correct RR username and password... At the top right corner of this page, right under the Scanner Master ad... click on your user name and in that drop-down box click on "Log out". Then log back in again with your RR user name and password. If that works, but those same credentials still don't work for the Proscan RR data import function, best to open a service ticket at

support@radioreference.com

and explain to them what is happening.

Well I think I'm stumbled on the issue as I sent a message in the admin forum. Logging in with the USER name does NOT work. Only the email address works. Using the USER NAME for login gets a USER NOT FOUND response from RR

TomDurhot9526

TO ALL! I have found my error! When entering my user name I superimposed letters and never noticed it. When I typed the user name I spelled it correctly as I though I should ahve entered it. I'm stuck with a wrong user name but I'm getting results from the software now. SO SORRY for bothering all of you. Thanks May need help later but for now my inbility to type has been my nemesis.

Chris0516

A user can not change their own user name. It can only be done by the administration staff or the site owner... and only under certain circumstances.

Check here under "Changing Your User Name"

Agreed. I too, had my User Name changed. After I could no longer use my previous PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.