New Oxford PD Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

addison1203

Premium Subscriber
I live in Oxford and I had been listening to Oxford PD using a conventional scanner until they switched to a new type of radio a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what kind of radio they now use, and I can't find anything here in the Databases about the new system. Where should I look to try to find out what kind of trunking system they purchased and what frequencies (or whatever you need for trunking) they are using?

Thanks!

maples

I too am looking for the new frequencies. I have searched this site and others as well with no luck. Any help would be appreciated

jjmorris7

I just looked at the FCC website and it looks like they have added some frequencies to their license within the last few days. The status shows "pending" on their license. Their FRN# on the FCC site is 0001740588.

addison1203

Premium Subscriber
A little more researching...

I did a little more researching using the FRN number and saw that they just all their stuff approved yesterday. I looked at the "Trans Log" at ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0004367603 - OXFORD, CITY OF - Transaction Log

In there it showed all the antennas changing their emission designators to 11K2F3E, 7K60FXD, and 7K60FXE. I searched this and found Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki.

According to that it appears that Oxford PD has moved to a Motorola MOTOTRBO system, (MOTOTRBO - The RadioReference Wiki) which you can't hear on any scanner.

I really hope I'm wrong because I would like to be able to still here OPD. Perhaps someone with more know-how than me could take a look at the Trans Log or the other new things in OPD's change in their FCC licence and see if they come to the same conclusion.

Addison Dent

JRayfield

The 7K60FXE and 7K60FXD are used for MOTOTRBO.

John Rayfield, Jr. - CETma

I did a little more researching using the FRN number and saw that they just all their stuff approved yesterday. I looked at the "Trans Log" at ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0004367603 - OXFORD, CITY OF - Transaction Log

In there it showed all the antennas changing their emission designators to 11K2F3E, 7K60FXD, and 7K60FXE. I searched this and found Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki.

According to that it appears that Oxford PD has moved to a Motorola MOTOTRBO system, (MOTOTRBO - The RadioReference Wiki) which you can't hear on any scanner.

I really hope I'm wrong because I would like to be able to still here OPD. Perhaps someone with more know-how than me could take a look at the Trans Log or the other new things in OPD's change in their FCC licence and see if they come to the same conclusion.

Addison Dent

maples

Thanks so much for all the info. Its a sad day when the ones that are suppose to protect and SERVE feel that they can only do that in the dark. I have never heard them give out info that would help a crook. Actually, by being kept a secret, might have prevented them from catching a bank robber just the other day. By us not being able to hear a discription of the get away car that we, the public could have been watching for, they are still on the loose. Thanks again for the great info.

tc909

I'm new to all of this and learning, but I have a question - will these Mototrbro radios Oxford is using be compatible with the MSWIN project whenever it reaches the northern part of the state?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully OPD will be the only MS PS agency to go MotoTRBO. At least you can still hear the SO and UMPD.

bama9999

Milf, I recall reading somewhere in this forum that Pontotoc county has started using MotoTRBO recently as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.