New P-25 System Tippecanoe County

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9ljx

Pro96

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am trying to get my Pro96 to pick up Tippy again. Using ARC96 to program.

These are assumptions I have made from reading the thread:
1) mode should not be Moto. Should be ??
2) single table NOT multi table with rebanding
3) only program 3 control channels

Anything else? I have mucked with this for several nights to no avail until I found this thread. If I do a straight download from RR it appears the settings may not be right (or I try to tweak them and break them).

Thanks!
--scott

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to bump an old thread but I am trying to get my Pro96 to pick up Tippy again. Using ARC96 to program.

These are assumptions I have made from reading the thread:
1) mode should not be Moto. Should be ??
2) single table NOT multi table with rebanding
3) only program 3 control channels

Anything else? I have mucked with this for several nights to no avail until I found this thread. If I do a straight download from RR it appears the settings may not be right (or I try to tweak them and break them).

Thanks!
--scott

I'm not familiar with Arc software but basically with win500 I just put in the p25 auto system and then dropped in the system frequencies just primary and backup, then started tossing in the talk groups. Working really well. Tippi has two systems the state police seem to use tippi backup system frequencies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with Arc software but basically with win500 I just put in the p25 auto system and then dropped in the system frequencies just primary and backup, then started tossing in the talk groups. Working really well. Tippi has two systems the state police seem to use tippi backup system frequencies.
ISP uses the SAFE-T system. Which is the backup system for Tippi. There is a slight difference with the EFJ P25 from Harris and Motorola P25 that plays hell on the older P25 scanners like the PRO-96 and 2096 and the older Unidens. Not sure why but they just won't cut it on the EFJ. I verified it using 2 PRO-96s and also my Unidens both BCD396XT and BCD436HP. The Unidens worked. The old 96s couldn't hack it. And the 96s work on the SAFE-T simulcasts and IDPS Simulcasts.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
So if you do get an 96 or 2096 to work on Tippi tell us how you managed that. I use arc96 and win96 neither helped lol.

n9ljx

Tippy and Pro96

OK - got it figured out - almost
Using Arc96:
Frequencies: I have all Freqs from RR import but set them as 'FM/P25'
Settings: Bank Type: Not Trunked
everything else default (Normal bandplans)

I loaded the frqs with Alpha display 'Tippecanoe C'. This shows in the display rather than the talk group. Trying to remember how to make talkgroup instead.

getting closer - -at least I can hear traffic now....

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Bank trunked mot for pro96. Good luck though many of us have tried and failed on 96 with Tippi

Status
Not open for further replies.