New P25 System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

Distortion

It sounds like you have good audio and clarity for the one transmission. You are seeing it the id's go back and forth between the buses and dispatch on the i-calls and again you will only here dispatch side of communication as all the other users are encrypted.. if you are monitoring today which on weekends and nights there is not much traffic on P25 yet. But sounds like it should to me

Pinellas P-25 vs Home Patrol

When Pinellas P-25 shows up on my Home Patrol, it pauses, I hear nothing, and it moves on. What did I do wrong in my setup?

South Jersey Boy

Tryton

When Pinellas P-25 shows up on my Home Patrol, it pauses, I hear nothing, and it moves on. What did I do wrong in my setup?

South Jersey Boy

Sadly, nothing :( Depending where you live in the county, your getting Multipath Distortion because it's a Simulcast System

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Tryton, I could be wrong, but it looks like you've got your scanner in "scan" mode. Need to get it to "search" mode. Also, try turning off I-Calls.

Tryton

I've tried both ways, I have the whole system programed in.. regardless of what mode its in the audio is still choppy. I will put it back in search mode and try again.. Also on the XT line of scanners, when in search, I-call is automatically on. Thanks your your help!

Tryton

There is no manual P25 threshold any longer, it was removed from the XT line. Thats what this massive post is about here. as more and more of these systems come online. people will be returning these scanners in droves.

kayleesdad

Can you connect your scanner to unitrunker using the USB cable? This will show activity of all sorts even if the scanner doesn't pick it up. Unitruker is free but you may have to buy the cable.

Thanks, Tryton - Pinellas County and P-25...

I am in Tarpon Springs. As soon as I figure out how to do it, I will get an outside antenna in a park where they are not allowed !!!! Will this do anything to remedy the situation?

South Jersey Boy

ngel

P25

Wow Tryton what a difference what ever you did made to the reception. Could you go into detail on your fixes? I have a pro-106 that comes in good on the P25 for Pinellas County. I am monitoring from Pasco county close the county line. I know you did a update for your scanner but you mentioned "some other tweaks" could you elaborate on what those were

Tryton

I was reading about Multipath distortion and read that someone stuck a paperclip in and got excellent receive. I cut a small piece of wire, stuck it in the back and all of a sudden it cleared up!.. It got me thinking.. what If I use the stock antenna? I put it on, adjusting my new P25 settings 8/100 and now I can listen to the system! the radio shack 800mhz has 6db of gain, so I was amplifing the other towers into my scanner which caused all my issues.

gmc550

p25 he[p

hi guys we in australia have just been hit with this p25 conventional simulcast can anyone tell the setup please have a uniden bcd996xt and our system frequencies are 400mhz but hope fully the setup maybe the same

dont want the same headackes you guys have gone through as i now you have had this for awhile

help appreciated
THANKS INADVANCE

Tryton

hi guys we in australia have just been hit with this p25 conventional simulcast can anyone tell the setup please have a uniden bcd996xt and our system frequencies are 400mhz but hope fully the setup maybe the same

dont want the same headackes you guys have gone through as i now you have had this for awhile

help appreciated
THANKS INADVANCE

It's really going to be exploration. Different antennas, locations ect.. If you haven't already, download the latest firmware from uniden here

Status
Not open for further replies.