New P25 TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlaizure

I'm getting lots of static on 17200, 17488 and 17680 on site 40. Do you think it might be Pontotoc County SO?

Can't figure out why I'm picking it up. On my Pro 97, it displays frequency 868.9000 when it locks on one of those TGs. But I deleted that freq out of the bank and if I manually step through the channels, that freq is not in the scanner.

I'm a confused guy.

highrider8433

I don't know what 17200 is but It's not Ponontoch County so. To me it sounds to me it sounds like that it might be either tribal or the gaming commision.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Just to put in my 2 cents on this one, I've been hearing 17488 also and it sounds like a Fire/EMS dispatch. It was kind of broken (and an accent I'm not used to :lol:) but it sounded like "Wiltshire Fire respond to....."

fast2okc

Database Admin
Talkgroup 17488

From what I am hearing, I believe talkgroup 17488 may be Purcell EMS dispatch. I hear them running calls and transporting on site 8, but only when they have a unit in Oklahoma City. Their home site appears to be site 40.

When I am certain, I will add it to the database.

--fast2okc

woodyrr

Wirelessly posted (Woody\'s iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Would that be City of Purcell or Wadley's Ambulance?

fast2okc

Database Admin
Wadley's EMS

Everyone--

At this time I would like to welcome Wadley's EMS to the Radio Reference database.

Mr Wadley, please put your coat in the corner with everyone else's, and play nice.

It appears Purcell is switching to the state system. There has already been some fire traffic testing on analog talkgroup 58928. The same radios have shown activity on digital talkgroup 17392.

--fast2okc

plaws

Premium Subscriber
It appears Purcell is switching to the state system. There has already been some fire traffic testing on analog talkgroup 58928. The same radios have shown activity on digital talkgroup 17392.

--fast2okc

Lots of Site 40 affs from down there. Would expect most of their traffic to be on the Lexington site (7) but for some reason (sub-optimal antenna, probably). Maybe they are on the edge of Site 40's footprint and are in and out of its range?

woodyrr

I spent yesterday monitoring the Norman site trying to hear the new Purcell talkgroups. I got a few hits on Purcell PD 17392, but not many. Before long, I discovered that Purcell PD is patched to RMA CN 2H, 43600. I'm probably not getting anything on the digital talkgroup because Uniden scanners don't handle patches very elegantly at all. I do hear Lexington PD, 17680 and Wadley's Ambulance, 17488. I've heard nothing on the Purcell FD talkgroup, 58928.

n5bew1

I spent yesterday monitoring the Norman site trying to hear the new Purcell talkgroups. I got a few hits on Purcell PD 17392, but not many. Before long, I discovered that Purcell PD is patched to RMA CN 2H, 43600. I'm probably not getting anything on the digital talkgroup because Uniden scanners don't handle patches very elegantly at all. I do hear Lexington PD, 17680 and Wadley's Ambulance, 17488. I've heard nothing on the Purcell FD talkgroup, 58928.
That kinda confirms some of the periodic testing the Norman radio techs have done. Seems they have been working on patching mototrbo to the state system so they can all translate to a common language. Next time I am down that way I am going to see if there are any 800 Mhz antennas on Purcell's cars just in case they plunge into full 800 conversion.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Purcell

I discovered that Purcell PD is patched to RMA CN 2H, 43600. I'm probably not getting anything on the digital talkgroup because Uniden scanners don't handle patches very elegantly at all. I do hear Lexington PD, 17680 and Wadley's Ambulance, 17488. I've heard nothing on the Purcell FD talkgroup, 58928.

Actually Purcell PD on RMA CN 2H is not a patch. The radios are switched to RMA. Apparently they are having coverage issues, particularly with hand-helds. The Lex site is 9 miles east, out near the prison and the Norman site is 12 miles north on the top of the Sarkey's Center.

Purcell is in the South Canadian River Valley. The car radios work pretty well, but some hand-held transmissions on digital are mostly noise. Apparently it is a little better on analog, but they don't have an analog talkgroup assigned so they are using RMA.

I don't believe this system is linked to the MotoTRBO system, since I can see the individual radio ID's on UniTrunker.

fast2okc

woodyrr

Thanks,

That explains why the first few transmissions that I heard yesterday morning were digital and then it was all RMA. I guess that I thought that it was a patch because I, perhaps mistakenly, thought that I heard some transmissions on both talkgroups simultaneously. Perhaps dispatch was simulcasting for a short while.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Thanks,

That explains why the first few transmissions that I heard yesterday morning were digital and then it was all RMA. I guess that I thought that it was a patch because I, perhaps mistakenly, thought that I heard some transmissions on both talkgroups simultaneously. Perhaps dispatch was simulcasting for a short while.

Right now, the only patches on Site 40 seem to be the NFD Fire 1-DC, NPD R&I-DC, and OUPD Tac 1-Dispatch trio. For whatever reason, these are up a LOT.

There are individual radio IDs, ones that I think are Purcell's, showing up on RMA Central 2H.

My discone is down and the other antennas (2m, 6m) aren't getting me the other sites like the discone did, so I can't run Unitrunker against them ...

woodyrr

I finally heard something on the Purcell FD talkgroup 58928. It was a BOLO that ended with "contact Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office". I don't know what was up with that.

n5bew1

I finally heard something on the Purcell FD talkgroup 58928. It was a BOLO that ended with "contact Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office". I don't know what was up with that.

Hmmm that is kind of odd because all the traffic I have heard on 58928 has been FD related. Maybe that went out on that TG by accident???

Status
Not open for further replies.