NEW PALSTAR R30A HF Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting - Firefox doesn't like the Universal URL but just going from the main Universal website works.

Notice that the page for the radio says 'Discontinued'??? Looks like someone copied the R30 webpage and made the adjustments without changing the title??

Looks somewhat basic - and for nearly USD700, it's awfully expensive for a 'basic' tabletop. Palstar makes good receivers, though. I haven't heard much bad about them... 73 Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Looks somewhat basic - and for nearly USD700, it's awfully expensive for a 'basic' tabletop. Palstar makes good receivers, though. I haven't heard much bad about them... 73 Mike

In a way, it's that basic look that makes it appealing. No nonsense.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Links ??

FYI

Your links have about 20-30 character in front of www that must be delete to work.

Using Safari on a MAC.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually the URLs should be edited so that 'OEM link' and 'Universal' aren't picked up by browsers as part of the address - which is now done.

73 Mike

Last edited:

gcgrotz

I've read many reports that the R30 is a great medium wave (AM broadcast) DX machine. Reading the Palstar page, this one is not that different in the parts that matter.

k9rzz

I can vouch for the R30 on medium wave. I strung 700 feet of wire out on the ground at a local park which is just 1 mile from a 5kw station on 1290. NO overload at all, in fact, I logged 1620 WDHP British Virgin Islands for the first time that night (I live in Wisconsin). For what it is, the R30 is a very well built rig.

a29zuk

R30cc

I own a Palstar R30CC and it runs circles around the portables I previously used. It combines great sensitivity, selectivity, and dynamic range(and no synthesizer noise). The biggest complaint about it is it doesn't have direct frequency entry. But for me that is the best feature as I got bored with looking up frequencies and entering them and not tuning around. Without it I tune around the bands and run into unexpected signals as I did listening to my analog radios back in the day. And like k9rzz I reside about a mile from a broadcast station and get minimal interference from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.