New Peel Region TG's (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
906
Location
Ontario, Canada
Have been doing a bit of searching on Peel Region and came up with these, Maybe some of you may want to put them into a bank and have a listen to help identify them... I looked them up in the data base and never found anything close... With the one exception of 1408 possible PRPD PIA TAC?

1408
1712
1936
1968
2064
2096
2128
2160
2224
2256
2384
2994
3152
3728
3825
4186
4200
6224
6256
6448
7504
8208
9008
35344
53568
 

hypersight

Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2002
Messages
413
Location
Canada
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing those.
Just curious...... what time of the day are you receiving these TGs? I usually listen after work but I don't get any new TGs other than the ones listed in thr DB.
I wil keep an ear open on these.
 

exkalibur

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
2,697
Location
York, Ontario
And...what are you using to gather these? I used to run Trunker and got false talkgroups ALL the time. Now that I'm running T88, I never get any.

I ran T88 on my end of things for a few months on the Peel system. None of those talkgroups were ever seen. A bunch of them however, have been seen as Radio ID's. So, perhaps your program is falsing on them, thinking they're talkgroups?
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
906
Location
Ontario, Canada
exkalibur said:
And...what are you using to gather these? I used to run Trunker and got false talkgroups ALL the time. Now that I'm running T88, I never get any.

I ran T88 on my end of things for a few months on the Peel system. None of those talkgroups were ever seen. A bunch of them however, have been seen as Radio ID's. So, perhaps your program is falsing on them, thinking they're talkgroups?
You you maybe right, thats why i put (maybe) :) I don't use trunker or T88
if you wish to verify them please do so i am going to listen to them and see what i find, if they were a one hit wonder or something else...
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
906
Location
Ontario, Canada
actually i found more, closer to 75 TG's or not :D at least 75 numbers.... I was doing it with just a search and recording software i record all the traffic i am looking at. so i will listen back and see if their is anything and also will monitor the ones i found for the next week and weed out the trash...
 

exkalibur

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
2,697
Location
York, Ontario
Well, I've got the Peel system running on Trunk88 right now. If you come across any of these talkgroups in the next 24 hours or so, let me know and I'll check.
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
906
Location
Ontario, Canada
exkalibur said:
Well, I've got the Peel system running on Trunk88 right now. If you come across any of these talkgroups in the next 24 hours or so, let me know and I'll check.

email me or PM me with your email addie and i will send you the log and you can check your in from from this afternoon....
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
906
Location
Ontario, Canada
I am now trying out T4Win anyone have some thoughts on it? So far it seems pretty good.. Would like to know the accuracy of it...
 

jellotor

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
1,079
Location
Hamilton, ON
Chrome69 said:
I am now trying out T4Win anyone have some thoughts on it? So far it seems pretty good.. Would like to know the accuracy of it...
Well, Rick isn't supporting T4Win at the moment due to Unitrunker being his focus...T4Win is easily the least-feature rich of the trunker programs.
 

slicerwizard

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
6,643
Location
Toronto, Ontario
DaveH said:
The Trunk88 (DEMO88) I'm familiar with always required a slicer.
When did this start not being true...anyone?
Decoding from a sound card was added to TRUNK88 in the summer of 2001 and copies were sent to a few testers later that year. Due to other commitments, a cleaned up general release wasn't made until February of 2006. True SoundBlaster-compatible hardware is required.
 

motomeso

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
943
Location
Ontario
I think my problem is I have 3 soundcards installed into this machine, all being Soundblaster cards. I am try to make it work with my Vibra 16 card, maybe that is the problem?

My other 2 cards are a Soundblaster Live and Audigy 2 ZS.
 

slicerwizard

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
6,643
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Ouch. Not sure where your problem lies. You'll probably have better luck getting it working under Win98 than XP, etc. You might want to try grabbing
http://home.ica.net/~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88/sb-diag.zip

Active keys are fairly intuitive:

B: base addr
I: IRQ
D: DMA ch
Q: quality (bitrate)
S: source (mic/line in)
cursor up/down: gain
spacebar: run/stop mode
W: waveform display speed
R: record to file start/stop
F: edit filename
 

DaveH

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Messages
3,284
Location
Ottawa, Ont.
slicerwizard said:
Decoding from a sound card was added to TRUNK88 in the summer of 2001 and copies were sent to a few testers later that year. Due to other commitments, a cleaned up general release wasn't made until February of 2006. True SoundBlaster-compatible hardware is required.
OK, thanks, I guess that explains it. I'm using a rather old version 3.02d .
On the upside, this old machine runs Win98 and the sound card is an SB16 :)
Should be perfect, I'll try it out.

Dave
 

slicerwizard

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
6,643
Location
Toronto, Ontario
That should work just fine. It supports SBPro and SB16 compatible hardware. It worked fine for me with an old Creative Labs CT4810 PCI card (which supports all of the required SB16 registers and commands)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top