New Peel Region TG's (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Have been doing a bit of searching on Peel Region and came up with these, Maybe some of you may want to put them into a bank and have a listen to help identify them... I looked them up in the data base and never found anything close... With the one exception of 1408 possible PRPD PIA TAC?

hypersight

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing those.
Just curious...... what time of the day are you receiving these TGs? I usually listen after work but I don't get any new TGs other than the ones listed in thr DB.
I wil keep an ear open on these.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
And...what are you using to gather these? I used to run Trunker and got false talkgroups ALL the time. Now that I'm running T88, I never get any.

I ran T88 on my end of things for a few months on the Peel system. None of those talkgroups were ever seen. A bunch of them however, have been seen as Radio ID's. So, perhaps your program is falsing on them, thinking they're talkgroups?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
exkalibur said:
And...what are you using to gather these? I used to run Trunker and got false talkgroups ALL the time. Now that I'm running T88, I never get any.

I ran T88 on my end of things for a few months on the Peel system. None of those talkgroups were ever seen. A bunch of them however, have been seen as Radio ID's. So, perhaps your program is falsing on them, thinking they're talkgroups?

You you maybe right, thats why i put (maybe) :) I don't use trunker or T88
if you wish to verify them please do so i am going to listen to them and see what i find, if they were a one hit wonder or something else...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
actually i found more, closer to 75 TG's or not :D at least 75 numbers.... I was doing it with just a search and recording software i record all the traffic i am looking at. so i will listen back and see if their is anything and also will monitor the ones i found for the next week and weed out the trash...

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've got the Peel system running on Trunk88 right now. If you come across any of these talkgroups in the next 24 hours or so, let me know and I'll check.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Does Trunker88 require a slicer or will just discriminator audio work?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
exkalibur said:
Well, I've got the Peel system running on Trunk88 right now. If you come across any of these talkgroups in the next 24 hours or so, let me know and I'll check.

email me or PM me with your email addie and i will send you the log and you can check your in from from this afternoon....

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I am now trying out T4Win anyone have some thoughts on it? So far it seems pretty good.. Would like to know the accuracy of it...

jellotor

Chrome69 said:
I am now trying out T4Win anyone have some thoughts on it? So far it seems pretty good.. Would like to know the accuracy of it...

Well, Rick isn't supporting T4Win at the moment due to Unitrunker being his focus...T4Win is easily the least-feature rich of the trunker programs.

slicerwizard

DaveH said:
The Trunk88 (DEMO88) I'm familiar with always required a slicer.
When did this start not being true...anyone?
Decoding from a sound card was added to TRUNK88 in the summer of 2001 and copies were sent to a few testers later that year. Due to other commitments, a cleaned up general release wasn't made until February of 2006. True SoundBlaster-compatible hardware is required.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I think my problem is I have 3 soundcards installed into this machine, all being Soundblaster cards. I am try to make it work with my Vibra 16 card, maybe that is the problem?

My other 2 cards are a Soundblaster Live and Audigy 2 ZS.

slicerwizard

Ouch. Not sure where your problem lies. You'll probably have better luck getting it working under Win98 than XP, etc. You might want to try grabbing
http://home.ica.net/~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88/sb-diag.zip

Active keys are fairly intuitive:

B: base addr
I: IRQ
D: DMA ch
Q: quality (bitrate)
S: source (mic/line in)
cursor up/down: gain
spacebar: run/stop mode
W: waveform display speed
R: record to file start/stop
F: edit filename

DaveH

slicerwizard said:
Decoding from a sound card was added to TRUNK88 in the summer of 2001 and copies were sent to a few testers later that year. Due to other commitments, a cleaned up general release wasn't made until February of 2006. True SoundBlaster-compatible hardware is required.

OK, thanks, I guess that explains it. I'm using a rather old version 3.02d .
On the upside, this old machine runs Win98 and the sound card is an SB16 :)
Should be perfect, I'll try it out.

Dave

slicerwizard

That should work just fine. It supports SBPro and SB16 compatible hardware. It worked fine for me with an old Creative Labs CT4810 PCI card (which supports all of the required SB16 registers and commands)

Status
Not open for further replies.