New Player Enters the Scanner Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This would be fun to have in the stands with you on race day! But I agree,it probably wouldn't make a good scanner for other uses. At least you'd be able to hear it,huh!
N9ZAS

ampulman

I had a painter do some work at my house, recently. He had a radio, rather heavy duty, and I believe it had the Rigid brand on it. Don't know if it included the scanner.

Read the link. It mentions NASCAR frequencies. Doesn't that freq range include the Dots and Stars? I have a hospital going up about a mile away, and get lots of hits on D & S.

I don't imagine that the radio can monitor the UHF and other (AM/FM/IPOD) at the same time. Would be a good way for the workers to receive work-related messages.

DiGiTaLD

Read the link. It mentions NASCAR frequencies. Doesn't that freq range include the Dots and Stars? I have a hospital going up about a mile away, and get lots of hits on D & S.
The 450.0375 MHz-469.9625 MHz range includes dots, stars, a bunch of business, public safety, FRS, GMRS, paging, and a lot more. It seems that would be a nightmare of a scanner if you couldn't select individual frequencies to scan, thusly excluding everything else. PL and DPL would be nice too, but I'm sure that's way out of the question.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

RadioDaze said:
A small strip of black electrical tape fixes that..

(In your best Jeff Foxworthy voice):

"If you had to go out and buy little NASCAR stickers to put on all your OTHER scanners....

...you may be a Redneck."

Roflmfao. I just started laughing as I was drinking powerade in the lunch room. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.