New Portland 700 MHz TRS CC frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I was curious if I could receive the new 700 MHz P25 TRS being fielded for Portland. So I went to the RR page and looked over the frequencies shown. Portland Public Safety 700MHz P25 Radio System

During my search of the 773-774 MHz area, I turned up a frequency that looks/sounds as though it is a control channel missing from the database. I am getting a hit on 773.48125, with a System ID of "3CC", the same as shown for Portland's system. A check of the FCC licenses turned up a match for Portland as WQNQ624 out on Goat Mountain in Clackamas County.

There seem to be some other frequencies missing from the RRDB for the Portland system as well: 773.13125 and 773.73125 as WQNQ622 and WQNQ623.

Oh, and there is apparently a 700 MHz Tri-Met trunked system? At least, there are frequencies assigned to it: WQND291

I'm new to the P25 side of things, as well as 700 MHz stuff, but I wanted to throw this stuff out there as a heads up...

Last edited:

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I think joescanner was the only one that had submitted data about that network as he's the closest. That was last updated about this time last year. I bet they've made some changes since then.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
I was curious if I could receive the new 700 MHz P25 TRS being fielded for Portland. So I went to the RR page and looked over the frequencies shown. Portland Public Safety 700MHz P25 Radio System

During my search of the 773-774 MHz area, I turned up a frequency that looks/sounds as though it is a control channel missing from the database. I am getting a hit on 773.48125, with a System ID of "3CC", the same as shown for Portland's system. A check of the FCC licenses turned up a match for Portland as WQNQ624 out on Goat Mountain in Clackamas County.

There seem to be some other frequencies missing from the RRDB for the Portland system as well: 773.13125 and 773.73125 as WQNQ622 and WQNQ623.
Yeah, there's been some movement on the Portland 700 side and I haven't had a chance to keep up with it yet -- there's never much traffic on it when I get a chance to monitor it (for a while, working graveyards, I slept while the techs were working; now I work during the same hours...).

Santa brought me a new BCD396XT for Christmas. While I'm relatively proficient at programming in Moto' Type II systems, programming a P25 system into my scanner is uncharted territory.

I'm using FreeScan (great program--the author needs a PayPal donor link) and it give me the choice of a Mot II/P25, P25 Standard (Digital XT), or P25 One Freq (Digital XT). Any suggestions on which to select?

Better yet: is there a relatively active P25 system that I can pilot my newbie P25 scanner programming skills on? I know that the PPS system is still very new.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.