New PPD TG activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been noticing the detectives working 2849 and 2388 tg's lately, quite a bit, no encryption.

Also seeing H12 and another H dec tg used too, all in the clear.

I heard a conversation on H12 where one guy identified himself as a Tempe PD officer and indicated the channel was in use for joint operations.

You may have seen the press conferences about how "all valley police agencies are now working as one", or something to that effect. It seems all of these TG's are used for joint operations, some sort of fugitive taskforce.

I am betting they use non-encrypted TG's so that the officers from other departments can all talk to eachother, as they don't all have the same encryption setup.

Whatever the case, it makes for good listening for those of you like myself who enjoy monitoring the "cloak and dagger" stuff (hiding, watching, pouncing).

As a side note Glendale PD has been really active on a bunch of their TG's operating a fugitive taskforce as well, lots of surveillance and special operations.

cratliff

Any chance you could put a list up of the TGID's you have/found? You have mentioned to me in other posts that Peoria and Glendale are very active. I dont have any of the TGID's/freq's for either for some reason...at least that I can find in my list. I am definitely interested in listening to the cat and mouse type stuff!!
The Glendale and Peoria info isnt in the RR database is it? I cant seem to find it in the RR database. I see peoria in there but it is listed as analog freq's. Isn't Peoria digital now?

Peoria is UHF with like three frequencies in use, and reception varies depending on where you are, it isn't the best system to monitor, and they run TONS of plates and licenses on air, which can be a bit irritating. Glendale does that stuff via mdt mostly, and when over the radio on channel 3 mostly I believe. Lots of other TG's to listen in on. I believe I got mine from the Southwest Frequency Book, at Ham Radio Outlet. Even though RR is great and all, to me every scanner guy needs the book to reference, and you will understand why once you have it. A lot of good information is in there that you won't find anywhere else.

cratliff

I am going to wait and get the 10th Edition of the SW Freq Directory since it comes out so soon (September '08)

Update

I have found five tg's on the PRWN simulcast A that are used by detectives, mostly for fugitive roundup (must be a lot of fugitives out there), as far as I can tell. The first TG is now used as an "info" channel for everyone in the multi-agency taskforce. The others are used for operations. I have heard officers from various departments identify their department, and it makes sense that no encryption would be used so everyone can talk with all their different 800mhz radios.

Everything from serving warrants and arrests to surveillance ops happens on these tg's.

This is all just what I have concluded from listening, and if anyone knows something more please share.

Last edited:

cratliff

I have been listening/searching for new TGIDs but havent had my scanner connected to my computer so nothing has been logged. I am gonna plug these in and see if I can hear anything good! So you say they are for the Interagency TGs?

They appear to be. I am sure if it was just PPD guys they would be on encrypted tg's which they have a huge number of. There are far more encrypted tg's than ones that aren't on their system, no doubt about that. The ONLY reason I can see for these TG's not being encrypted would be so that all the different agencies can send officers with their normal radios and work together with no problems.

Hearing the guys from Avondale and Tempe identify their departments pretty much confirmed it on a few of the TG's.

ctrl

2849 was used during the superbowl, for multi-agency police operations.
3223 was used for Traffic control operations during the superbowl, also multi-agency.

2397,2399, are both listed at the top in the DB as these:
Ch 6 STREETS (Streets Transportation) 2397
Ch 8 COURT (Municipal Courts) 2399

... The use of these could change, I suppose.

Here is a couple more:
Superbowl PD Command - 2847 - Heard referenced as channel G-8
Superbowl PD OPS - 2867
Superbowl OPS - 2904 - Heard referenced as channel H-2
Superbowl Bicyle OPS - 3222
Unknown - 3225
Unknown - 3233

Also, I have here a list. The way I got these was to moniter the control channel visually on 1 scanner, while hearing units 'swtch to X deck #' on another scanner. Obvously, without being able to hear them (ENC) I cant confirm. However they might be usefull for anyone interested in trying to "find all" the channels, and map them to the map in the database. Which I think would be cool, even though we can't hear them. Just helps to understand how the system is designed..

David-9 - 2943
Adam-12 - 2949
Charlie-16 - 2952
Charlie-15 - 2953
Charlie-14 Hot Moniter - 2954
Charlie-13 ?? - 2955
Charlie-12 ?? - 2956
Charlie-11 ?? - 2957
Charlie-10 - 2958
Bravo-16 INFO - 2968
Bravo-14 SAU - 2971
Bravo-13 SAU - 2972
Bravo-3 RDU-b - 2981
Adam-16 - 2984
Adam-10 Intell - 2990
Adam-3 - 2997
Adam-1 Intell - 2999

Last edited:
Wow, you have done your homework. Thanks!

I am quite sure about what I was hearing, and it wasn't streets or courts or traffic control, it was officers doing surveillance ops / fugitive round-ups. These types of coms have been my favorite for almost 20 years, so I am pretty familiar with them. I even heard one guy razzing another recently saying "you federal guys may do that but we don't do that around here" in regards to one comment, implying that feds are involved too, US marshall mabye?

I think you have an awesome idea about mapping the TG's. If you look at the southwest frequency guide it is pretty sad to see all those blank spots. Even if they ARE encrypted a map would be nice for those who follow PPD.
2849 is used all day long now as an info channel for multi-agency guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.