New Prague EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
as of 1 May 2010, New Prague EMS is now a North Memorial Ambulance site.

Dispatching on the North Memorial Faribault TG.

not sure what the fate of the New Prague EMS Truck to Truck TG is since Faribault has a B2 TG...

sfd119

Wow, North sure is taking up a lot of realestate in the area now.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Radio call sign is 575.

New Prague was looking for buyers and it made the most sense for north to pick it up...

vf792

There's big money to be made in those ambulance services. They wouldn't by pushing the takeover of those small services if they weren't going to make a killing off them.

duchee

ya duluth doesnt even have there own. we use a crappy non profit cold cross by mayo clinic i belive lol

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
The medic in duluth are some of the best medics i have ever worked with...

Most places don't have their own... duluth chose not to continue to pursue operating their own ambulance service because they realized that there is a significant additional cost of operating a lot of the facets of an ALS ambulance that a larger EMS can provide efficiently...

Gold Cross and Mayo Clinic provide a cost effective service, with no tax revenue support, providing ALS 911 and interfacility service along with the ability to provide MPDS pre arrival instructions... I highly doubt areas like Hawthorne and Proctor would have ALS without Gold Cross...

North is also able to do similarly with the same advantages of full time medical direction, centralized education, EMD dispatching, system wide fleet support and partial ownership of the ARMER system.

Gold Cross and North each have sites that are not huge money makers, Much like New Prague is, but it is advantageous for North to operate these sites to compliment future growth of the system, promote themselves as a leader in EMS and to add to their system reserve.

New Prague was always a BLS service and now north plans on becoming a part-time ALS provider in New Prague, a service which they have never had before...

Again, all of these are provided without any direct tax revenue... unlike a fire department based or city based service...

thats all i have to say about that...

jdm911

nicely said (mmtstc). Thanks for the New Prague info. Off topic but with all due respect duchee please try to clean up your posts (or change your location info) lol

duchee

ya they are really hard workers and good men and woman. just they complain to much about how much they make.

jdb585

Premium Subscriber
Tower for New Prague North

So what site(s) will the be using...I live In NP and use the Carver site for almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.