New Prince George Co. Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

1. My Prince George County Newsletter printed on the four plate color on quality glossy paper arrived today. Browsing on page & appeared a small column what I suppose is a status update of the "newer" replacement conventional radio system. FYI a consultant's contract was issued approximately less than a year ago. Impacted county radio users were interviewed in Jan/Feb providing inputs of their requirements.

2. Here is the what appears in the county newsletter:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE:

New Radio System

Phase 1 of the new radio system has been completed. This phase included the following:

*Review of coverage requirements & recommendations
*Towers: new vs. existing
*Voice system architecture review
*Site facility requirements
*Review of system redundancy
*Review channels / talkgroup requirements
*System capacity and life cycle
*Review dispatch consoles
*Interoperability & mutual aid review

The Phase 2 plan is being prepared for stakeholders to provide input for individual needs.

UNQUOTE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. The new system will be a trs. What kind who knows. The Phase 2 plan .............."provide input for individual needs" supposedly was done last Jan/Feb!

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
3. The new system will be a trs. What kind who knows. The Phase 2 plan .............."provide input for individual needs" supposedly was done last Jan/Feb!

This would have been the individual agencies needs, which is done early in the process to provide the consultant a road map on the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily... the police officers would note features that they would want to make their jobs easier, and those features would not necessarily be the same as the fire department. Both agencies could identify areas where reception is poor, or other known radio issues exist. It's this information that helps the consultant start to piece together what the customer would ultimately like in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.