New Pro 106 TN Highway Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelp

Premium Subscriber
I think I have programmed my 106 correctly, I am getting trunk and conventional frequencies but I am not receiving the TN HP from my Memphis area home. Any changes to their frequencies. Specifically those in the 42 and 45 ranges?

noelp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for replying. Not really. Even on my old scanner I didn't hear them much.

jfhtm350

THP frequencies are pretty active over here in east TN. You need to program all the frequencies under the Memphis section and the statewide frequencies. You may just have bad reception where you are. Try taking your scanner with you or moving it around if it has a portable antenna on it.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Go to the THP page at Highway Patrol (THP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Scroll down and look for the fixed relays.
If there's one for your area, you might be surprised at the results.
No need to despair about the 72 and 75 mHz frequencies. Pro106 won't help you with them. I'm guessing you probably upgraded from a Pro96 to your new Pro106. If so, you can activate the extended freqency range of the Pro96 with Win96, and easily monitor those frequencies. Works like a charm in SE TN.

jfhtm350

My Pro106 does not allow me to scan from 54 to 108 mhz. Whats the deal with that? I know some are TV broadcasts and FM radio stations but some are not. I figured no one could pick up within that range. There was something I was going to program and it was in that range but I dont remember what it was.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Pro106 won't allow access to that frequency range. Period. Extended frequencies was a unique feature of Pro96 (also Pro2096), and you can activate it only with Win96.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Around churches, auditoriums, etc. you may find wireless microphones in the lower seventies. Also, if I recall correctly, a few older baby monitors operate in this range. Keep in mind that folks often forget and leave baby monitors on 24-7, so do respect the privacy of your neighbors when exploring this frequency range.

jfhtm350

Oh ok. I dont care about listening to that stuff anyway. Thought maybe there was some public safety in there or something.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
THP does have links to/from district HQ to remote towers in the Chatt and Knoxville areas. So if you live in those areas worth monitoring. Otherwise a lot of data bursts. I have not found much to listen to in that range in mid-TN.

n4yek

Last edited:

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I think I have programmed my 106 correctly, I am getting trunk and conventional frequencies but I am not receiving the TN HP from my Memphis area home. Any changes to their frequencies. Specifically those in the 42 and 45 ranges?

What kind of antenna are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.