New PRO-163

Status
Not open for further replies.

stew292

Premium Subscriber
We bought my dad a PRO-163 scanner. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to trunk scan. I bought the radio shack cable and the software that came with it. I guess what I'm looking for is someone in our area that could give me a hand with the programing. Wheather it be by sending me files to try and download, or meeting up with me to give me a hand. I live in Ham Lake Minnesota which is in Anoka County.

captclint

Mentor
We bought my dad a PRO-163 scanner. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to trunk scan. I bought the radio shack cable and the software that came with it. I guess what I'm looking for is someone in our area that could give me a hand with the programing. Wheather it be by sending me files to try and download, or meeting up with me to give me a hand. I live in Ham Lake Minnesota which is in Anoka County.
Welcome to RR. Depending on the software you got, you could use it to log onto this site, and then automatically download trunking and conventional systems. Generally, this download would set up the correct parameters for trunking, and include all the known Talk Groups. What software do you have? Here's list of software for your model, and whether it has the ability to download from this site. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PSR-300/400_Software_and_USB_Support

Last edited:

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Anoka County, MN is part of the Statewide ARMER system. This is a P25 Digital trunking system. In order to scan this system you will need a digital scanner. The Pro-163 will work for trunking but only on non-digital systems. There are not any of these types of systems in your area though. The only public safety frequency in the area that you will be able to listen to is the VHF simulcasts of the ARMER system, Anoka County Fire Dispatch is 154.280 with a PL tone of 131.8.

You can find more information about you county here.
Anoka County, Minnesota (MN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If you are able to get your hands on a Digital scanner I would be willing to help program the ARMER Trunked system into it.

Welcome to the hobby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.