New Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevent0314

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I have been reading through this forum for 2 days now while I work with the new scanner.

When I bought it was pre-programmed and picked up the Ct. State Police perfectly. I installed ARC500 and promptly wiped out the programming by clicking download. My fault.

So I learned how to get the frequencies and reinstall them. I have done this with all the Ct state police. I have added local Putnam, Ct. frequencies as well.

I assigned them to scan list 2 and uploaded to scanner. The local frequencies work great. The trunked ones are there and I can see the scanner hitting them. The "T" lights up along with the blue light I chose but I get no volume. The volume on the local frequencies is perfect.

I'm going back to the store to have it re-cloned with how it was when I bought it so I can back it up correctly before I mess with it again but I'm wondering if anyone would know why I'm not getting any sound with the trunked channels?

I also saved this file as a v-scanner file and loaded it by func-program-load-channel. This loaded fine as well and I see the scanner going through the trunked channels. Still no sound though.

I will update this once I get it cloned so I can see what I wiped but hopefully someone knows where I am going wrong.

Thanks for all the information.

Steve

SCPD

QRT
I had the same problem with mine. I solved it by enabling flex step via WIN500 under the extended settings menu. I dont know much about the system you are trying to monitor, but if it has been rebanded this will help.

stevent0314

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem with mine. I solved it by enabling flex step via WIN500 under the extended settings menu. I dont know much about the system you are trying to monitor, but if it has been rebanded this will help.

Thanks for the reply. I did enable flexstep under advanced settings. No result. I tried to download win500 but the main download link gives me the remote monitoring software not the main package so that's a dead end for me. I appreciate the try though.

Highpockets

stevent0314

Premium Subscriber
Getting There!

Hi All,

Thanks again for all who answered. I know how hard it is to diagnose and fix things without seeing for yourself what people have.

I have a PRO 197 and I tried using ARC 500 to program it with no success. I switched to WIN500 but before I could install it I had to upgrade to Vista Service Pack 2 as if I wasn't having enough fun.

So now WIN500 is installed and I have uploaded a set of conventional frequencies and a set of trunked frequencies for the Connecticut State Police. I have already picked up a weak transmission from the Ct State Police so I'm thrilled.

Under extended settings I did check "enable FlexStep" as advised before. Should I also check "Allow 5k Hz steps 138-174 MHz" ?

I'm still reading the manual through again and again. I have seen the scanner a few times stop on a channel like there is a transmission but no sound but other channels I get the actual transmit with clear voice. A little fine tuning somewhere?

Thanks again for everything :)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.