New Pro 433/528 Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Anyone on the inside know if Don Starr is going to release software for the newest RS scanners? I saw on his website how he said there are no immediate plans to make new software, but maybe he is backed up?

I am not much of a software programming guy, but would it be easy enough to somehow tweak the software of say, WIN 93 so it could work with the PRO 2054? Or, am I just THAT clueless when it comes to software programming?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
KC2GVX said:
Anyone on the inside know if Don Starr is going to release software for the newest RS scanners? I saw on his website how he said there are no immediate plans to make new software, but maybe he is backed up?
Don only supports GRE Trunking scanners. Hopefully he is hard at work on the next-gen GRE digital trunking scanner.

The 433/528 are Uniden OEM's. ScanCat Lite Plus already has support for them. They can be cloned to each other per the Radio Shack web page.

KC2GVX said:
I am not much of a software programming guy, but would it be easy enough to somehow tweak the software of say, WIN 93 so it could work with the PRO 2054? Or, am I just THAT clueless when it comes to software programming?
The 2054 never sold well, but is currently at a clearance price of $99.97. It too is supported by ScanCat Lite Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.