New Pro 96 User

Status
Not open for further replies.

60-0-252

I just got the program cable & Win96 working on my Pro 96. I'm trying to get Philadelphia, PA Fire on bank 9. I have all the channels programmed except the control channels. I also have the ID's of the units I want to hear typed into the ID section. However, I am hearing everything from fire to medics to roadway people. All I want to hear is the fire units- no medics or roadway people. Can this be done? Also, I'd like to set up Philly PD on bank 8 and program in certain ID's. Same idea as the fire stuff- just want to hear certain ID's. Thank you for your time.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
60-0-252 said:
I have all the channels programmed except the control channels.
You aren't gonna trunk-track anything without the control channels.
Also looks like some (not all) of the fire channels may be encrypted.

60-0-252

I'm sorry I don't understand how to add the control channels. Do I just add them to the scan list in the bank and hit scan or is there some sort of control channel input in Win96 that does it for you? In the channel view of Win96 I have all the channels plus the control channels typed in. Do I need to do anything with the RX mode or anything else? I have the "Closed" checked on and the "Type" I'm not sure of (Conv/MOT/EDACS). The MOT for 3600 & 9600 are "normal". The tags are on "0" and are checked with Hex ID's as noted on this site. Just trying to explain what I'm seeing on my end. Thanks again.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
60-0-252 said:
Do I need to do anything with the RX mode or anything else?
Yes, set it to the type of system you are attempting to monitor. Both the BANK as well as each inidividual channel must match the system type.

60-0-252 said:
the "Type" I'm not sure of (Conv/MOT/EDACS).
In this case, MOT.

60-0-252 said:
The tags are on "0" and are checked with Hex ID's as noted on this site.
Use the DEC values.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
60-0-252 said:
I'm sorry I don't understand how to add the control channels. Do I just add them to the scan list in the bank and hit scan or is there some sort of control channel input in Win96 that does it for you?
Just add the control channels where you added the rest of the frequencies and set them to (in this case) "MOT".
You can also use Win96 to import all of this info directly from RadioReference.com if you become a contributing member of RR.

jeffrey420

For a Motorola system all you need is the control channels entered. Then enter the ID's that you want to hear and set the bank to the closed mode. Yes be sure the bank and each control channel are set to "MOT" mode. Then hit scan. I also noticed there are two different sites. With Motorola these two sites can go in the same bank, just separate them with a dummy frequency such as 1300.000.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.