New Proscan User - BCT15X - Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenH999

I'm really new to Proscan. Installed yesterday. Successfully connected it to my also new BCT15x which is connected to my PC with the USB-1 cable. Struggling with getting the Recorder function to work. Well, it appears to be recording but can't hear any audio from the recordings. PC is a Dell Optiplex 7040, Win 10 ver. 1909

Here's the recorder screen.
proscan recordings.png

source client.png

monitor-settings.png

When I select "Tone On Playback Side" I get a tone. Nothing on Capture Side.

It sure looks like it's recording with these files. But when I open them in my player (VLC) there's no audio. Also, no audio when I try to play them in Proscan.

recording files.png
Appreciate any help.

Ken

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Per this link MobileSettingUpTheHardware < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

The REC (record) jack on the rear apron provides a constant-level audio output which is not affected by the setting of the volume control. Use a mono or stereo cable that ends in a 3.5mm plug for the scanner.

In order for the function to operate, you must set the channel to record. You must also set the system’s record option to either All Channel, which will record all channels regardless of any channel’s setting, or Marked Channel which only lets recording occur if you have selected record for that channel.

KenH999

Do you have an audio cable hooked up to the scanner? Audio does not ride on the USB cable.

Nope. Missed that. Just got the scanner 2 days ago, still learning. So what are the mp3 files on my PC?

Just checked the PC. There's only one audio jack and the speakers are connected to it, no line in or mic jack. Is there a way, or cable, that can carry the audio from scanner from it's 3.5mm to a PC's USB?

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Per the 3rd picture CHECK THE LOOPBACK checkmark
Did you read the whole thread? Nope. He doesn't have an audio cable going from the scanner to the PC, so LOOPBACK won't make a bit of difference. All of his mp3 files are empty, no audio.

@KenH999 you'll need to buy a USB audio stick. They can be found very cheap, under $10. They'll have a 3.5mm input that you can run an audio wire between the scanner's REC OUT jack and the USB audio card. That will get you the audio into the PC that ProScan can then record.

KenH999

@KenH999 you'll need to buy a USB audio stick. They can be found very cheap, under $10. They'll have a 3.5mm input that you can run an audio wire between the scanner's REC OUT jack and the USB audio card. That will get you the audio into the PC that ProScan can then record.

Thanks! Makes sense. Will do.

KenH999

Did you read the whole thread? Nope. He doesn't have an audio cable going from the scanner to the PC, so LOOPBACK won't make a bit of difference. All of his mp3 files are empty, no audio.

Other than obviously 3.5mm is there a particular type of cable needed? Or just a standard stereo cable like this?
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Meters/dp/B00NO73MUQ

USB Audio Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Both of those should work fine. The REC OUT jack on the scanner is stereo last I checked (even though it's obviously outputting monaural), however the input on that USB adapter is likely mono, but it shouldn't be an issue. I've been running a similar setup with a 996P2 for years, which is essentially the same hardware design as the 15X.

One thing you will need to do is to disable the microphone AGC on the audio adapter, otherwise the audio will be way too hot. That setting should be found in the Windows sound control panel after you plug the adapter in.

KenH999

Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter Almost 16,000 reviews, 4.5 stars, PnP because No Drivers Needed. Hah! My luck. Win 10 can't find drivers. Multiple install attempts, different USB ports, delete device/start over, nothing works. Sabrent website doesn't have drivers for download because... "NONE NEEDED!" Grrrr! Submitted a support ticket but who knows how that'll work out. Venting. Has anyone dealt with this?

KenH999

My setup 4 15x's 6 996p2's 5 536's 1 SDS200 1 PC PROSCAN running 16 times 4 USB Stereo Line INPUTS 8 Scanners 4 Left 4 Right
Nice setup, but is there something in your post that helps me?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter Almost 16,000 reviews, 4.5 stars, PnP because No Drivers Needed. Hah! My luck. Win 10 can't find drivers. Multiple install attempts, different USB ports, delete device/start over, nothing works. Sabrent website doesn't have drivers for download because... "NONE NEEDED!" Grrrr! Submitted a support ticket but who knows how that'll work out. Venting. Has anyone dealt with this?
Perhaps go to the site with the 16,000 reviews and read about how others are able to configure and use it.

KenH999

Perhaps go to the site with the 16,000 reviews and read about how others are able to configure and use it.

that was my first step. nothing. Everyone says Windows auto installs native drivers. BUT, on this machine Win 10 is failing to fully complete the UPnP process and grab the EXISTING drivers on the PC to complete the install. I have searched multiple terms here but find nothing. "USB audio device install failure", etc. etc. If you know of a thread that addresses UPnP failures for an audio device PLEASE share. Trying to get help from manufacturer but not hopeful.

KenH999

I have posted along with others here on how to do this. It has been posted here several times.
I have searched. I guess I'm not hitting the correct search term. If you know of a thread that addresses UPnP failures for an audio device PLEASE share.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have searched. I guess I'm not hitting the correct search term. If you know of a thread that addresses UPnP failures for an audio device PLEASE share.
Just in case you didn't search for "usb pnp sound device not working" or "Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter not working".
I see a lot of suggested fixes for various problems.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
These work but I did not like mic in only.
These work a lot better I use 4 to get 8 audio line in for 2 15x and 6 996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.