1-1 - Maintenance
1-4 Security
2-11 -
3-3 -
3-12 -
Steve

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I use DSD+ to decode and it is showing IDAS and also it flashes Provoice on the log screen, may be a problem with DSD+ if this is wrong ????
Steve
Province and NXDN Are completely different voice modes. Province is unique to Harris and NXDN is a cooperative effort between Icom (IDAS) and Kenwood (Nexedge).

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Saint

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ ??? PROBLEM

Province and NXDN Are completely different voice modes. Province is unique to Harris and NXDN is a cooperative effort between Icom (IDAS) and Kenwood (Nexedge).

Sounds like DSD+ 2.39 has a bug in it because it show IDAS at the bottom of the log screen and then once in awhile it shows Provoice, never came across a IDAS system before.
Steve

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Kenwood offers NXDN conventional and trunk systems in either 12.5KHz channel (9600) and 6.25KHz (4800). AFAIK Icom only offers conventional and trunk systems in 6.25KHz (4800)

Saint

Premium Subscriber
system info

Kenwood offers NXDN conventional and trunk systems in either 12.5KHz channel (9600) and 6.25KHz (4800). AFAIK Icom only offers conventional and trunk systems in 6.25KHz (4800)

OK thanks for the information I did not know this information.
Steve

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I take it there is NEXEDGE48 , NEXEDGE96 and NEXEDGE-IDAS systems or is it just IDAS
Steve
It is either Nexedge or IDAS. They are the respective trade names used by Kenwood (Nexedge) and Icom (IDAS) of the NXDN CAI protocol. To make it even more confusing there are two different NXDN trunk protocols as well. One is similar to LTR, where there is no continous control channel(Type D) and the other is similar to P25/Mot 2/EDACS where one channel acts as a control channel and sends out a continous data stream(Type C)

Saint

Premium Subscriber
DSD+

It is either Nexedge or IDAS. They are the respective trade names used by Kenwood (Nexedge) and Icom (IDAS) of the NXDN CAI protocol. To make it even more confusing there are two different NXDN trunk protocols as well. One is similar to LTR, where there is no continous control channel(Type D) and the other is similar to P25/Mot 2/EDACS where one channel acts as a control channel and sends out a continous data stream(Type C)

DSD+ is only showing IDAS so I think I can surmise it's IDAS, it is decoding perfectly
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

DSDPlus will change modes if some bits are not decoded properly. The way to prevent it is to limit decoding to the protocol that is actually in use once you've identified it.

Status
Not open for further replies.